City of Aurora
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fox House Managers and Box Office Assistants
at City of Aurora
- Summary of Job Duties
**This will be a continuous posting until filled, however may be closed at any time without notice.**
The Aurora Fox Arts Center, a historic landmark located at 9900 East Colfax in the Aurora Cultural Arts District, is the city's performing arts center. The Aurora Fox is a 245 seat performing arts facility, with attached rehearsal and scenery shop facilities.
The City of Aurora is seeking highly skilled Part Time, Temporary Fox House Managers and Box Office Assistants. These candidates will be the first point of contact for patrons visiting the Aurora Fox Center.
These position are part-time, as needed, up to 16 hours per week, with most shifts occurring during evenings and weekends. Daytime hours may also be available.
The City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications on a first come-first serve basis; as soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification or termination once hired.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The House Manager is responsible for opening and closing both The Fox Arts Theater main stage and Studio Theater, including the following duties:
- Arrive 1 hour 30 minutes prior to performance
- Upon arrival, check outside for obvious trash
- Greet security and begin house manager checklist
- Unlock doors, turn on indoor/outdoor lights, check restrooms/house for cleanliness and comfort
- Set up concession area, double-counting starting inventory using reconciliation form
- Greet and train usher staff, making sure playbills are stuffed and ready
- Distribute playbills to usher stations
- Communicate with Box Office staff and Stage manager for start of performance
- Get house counts and special notes from box office
- Assist with concessions during intermission, communicate with stage manager for start of ACT II
- Count/verify concession cash
- At the end of the show, remain in he house area until all patrons have left (lock front doors)
- Check bathrooms and house for any problems that need to be communicated to cleaning service
- When backstage is clear, secure all doors, close house doors, turn off lights
- Set alarm, dismiss guard
- Restock concessions to opening counts
- Batch credit cards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Process advance will call tickets and walk-up ticket sales
- Arrive 1 hour and 30 minutes prior to performance
- Check and clear phone messages, return reservation calls
- Print pre-performance ticket reports
- Prepare tickets, cash, and set up will-call
- Greet will-call customers and single ticket buyers
- Acknowledge VIP patrons and identify to House Manager
- Reconciliation of cash, credit cards
- Coordinate with House Manager to reconcile attendance
- Assist with restocking concessions following intermission
- Process cash for concession sales, put in safe
- May perform other duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Equivalent of 1 year of customer service experience
- Excellent customer service skills, professional appearance and demeanor, have temperament, tact and courtesy to meet with the public and to deal with difficult public relations situations
- Ability to work independently and to make quick decisions as needed
- Knowledge of basic accounting, working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- The qualified candidate will be trained on turn-key ticket management software and emergency policies
- Performs other specific duties as needed
- Interest and background in the performing arts
- Prior cash handling experience
Licenses, Certificates or Equipment Required:
- This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g.. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment
- Successful candidate will be required to be CPR/AED certified and trained in ServSafe alcohol training. Aurora Fox Theater will provide training for those not current with certifications
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Moderate physical work requiring ability to lift 30 pounds with or without assistance
- Occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing
- Frequent hand/eye coordination for operation of office equipment
- Vision for reading and interpreting reports and data analysis and preparation
- Frequent speech communication, hearing and listening to maintain communication with employees and citizens
- Speech communication to give instructions and provide technical direction
- Works primarily in a clean, comfortable environment
- Frequently uses standard office equipment including computer, calculator, multi-line telephones, and copy/fax machines
- This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.