City of Aurora
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager of Fleet Services
at City of Aurora
- Summary of Job Duties
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and overall employee well-being programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation work spaces
Under the direction of the Assistant City Manager of General Management, position is responsible for managing all aspects of the vehicle/equipment maintenance program including personnel, preventative maintenance, repairs, fuel purchase agreements, governmental compliance, vehicle/equipment replacement and disposal programs, safety standards, minimizing downtime and maximizing cost efficient means.
**This posting is scheduled to close on Friday, March 29, 2019 at 12:00 noon, however is subject to close at any time without prior notice. Thank you**
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the daily operations of City's fleet services division
- Directs and monitors the vehicle/equipment maintenance repair operation including, parts purchasing and motor fuel agreement contracts, ensuring best pricing; establishes and reports divisions performance standards
- Equipment replacement programs, including special funds, preparing specifications
- Purchasing new equipment and disposing of old or excess equipment
- Monitors vehicle/equipment asset utilization making redistribution recommendations
- Provides budget and cost data to other departments concerning the operation and replacement of equipment
- Represents fleet services on internal and external committees
- Develops and proposes vehicle maintenance and replacement policies prepares and monitors the fleet operations and maintenance revenue and replacement budgets
- Assists in developing operational priorities, goals and objectives
- Ensures customer service oriented delivery
- Identifies and develops vision for long-term planning required for future levels of service, resource needs and strategy of effectively delivering services
- Makes recommendations to the Director regarding selecting, hiring, training, evaluation and disciplining of assigned employees
- Supervises assigned employees
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, transportation management or directly related field.
- Minimum of (5) five years in fleet vehicle maintenance (10 years in general fleet maintenance preferred)
- Minimum of (3) three years supervisory experience in fleet vehicle maintenance operation. (5 years fleet maintenance supervision preferred)
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and operating requirements of fleet services operations involving diverse specialty equipment; vehicle maintenance and control methods; financial management; and computer and related software applications including fleet management software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, citizens and elected officials; handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy; communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; establish and fulfill goals and objectives; direct and effectively supervise other employees; and administer budgets.
- Strong interpersonal and managerial skills.
- Colorado Driver's license with a good driving record.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Sedentary physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 10 pounds; occasional lifting, carrying, walking and standing; speech communication and hearing to maintain communication with employees and citizens; vision to read and interpret reports and other written documents; hand/eye coordination for operation of computer keyboard.
- Works in a clean, comfortable environment.
- Standard business and professional equipment and tools including technological and mechanical applications.
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.