City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Deputy Aviation Director - Airport Operations
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The City of Phoenix Aviation Department (Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport) seeks a dynamic and results-oriented professional to oversee the Operations Division. Responsibilities include management of Airside Operation involving Airport Certification Program part 139; Landside Operations which includes curb management, traffic enforcement and Ground Transportation operations. This position will also coordinate operational aspects of the Automated People Mover and ground transportation planning efforts to ensure safe, secure, and efficient systems are developed.
This position exercises considerable initiative and independent judgment and works under the general supervision of an Assistant Aviation Director. Incumbents are expected to resolve problems of a professional and technical nature and must effectively confront problems facing airport management while managing competing priorities. Currently there is one vacancy in the Aviation Department.
Successful candidates will be experienced in collaboratively leading successful teams as well as experienced innovatively solving complex issues and leading change initiatives. Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations pertaining to airport management and operations is required. AAAE certification is also desirable.
This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
Next review will occur February 4, 2019 and final review will occur February 22, 2019.
Up to $131,248 annually. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. The City contributes 8.5% of salary into 457/401(a) plans with no matching required. $3,360/annual car allowance and $1,200/annual cell phone allowance.
A comprehensive Middle Manager benefits package is offered which includes:
Traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, HSA; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, 15 sick days. For more details, visit: Middle Manager Benefits.
- Five years of responsible experience in airport management, planning and development, or public accounting, three of which must have been supervising professional level staff, and
- a bachelor's degree in airport management, business administration, civil engineering, accounting, or a related field.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- The following list is not all inclusive, but are TSA general factors for disqualification of employment for working at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Other factors will be assessed that may also lead to disqualification. Qualified candidates should consider these factors when applying. Aviation Employment Disqualifiers
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - The job requirements listed above, plus:
- Possession of AAAE certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local regulations pertaining to airport management and operations.
HOW TO APPLY
Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Deputy Aviation Director, JC: 25200, ID# 30081, 1/3/19, 6 mos, JLB, Benefits: MM
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.