City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Deputy Aviation Director - Business and Properties
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The City of Phoenix Aviation Department is seeking an experienced, dynamic, and results-oriented airport business and properties leader with a strong background in leading large and diverse teams. Successful candidates will have experience in collaboratively leading successful teams as well as experience innovatively solving complex issues and leading change initiatives. Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to airport concession and real estate management is required. American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) certification is also desirable. Responsibilities include management of tenant leases and relationships with the airlines; ensures tenant conformity and compliance with contractual obligations and requirement; develops and manages PHX public and employee parking; develops and leases commercial, non-commercial and general aviation properties and facilities. This position will also direct a team of approximately 30 staff.
This position exercises considerable innovation, initiative, and independent judgement and works under the general supervision of an Assistant Aviation Director. Incumbents in this position are expected to resolve problems of a professional and technical nature and must effectively confront problems facing airport management while managing competing priorities.
First review of applications will occur the week of February 25, 2019. This recruitment may close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
Up to $131,248 annually. Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. The City contributes 8.5% of salary into 457/401(a) plans with no matching required. $3,360/annual car allowance and $1,200/annual cell phone allowance.
A comprehensive Middle Manager benefits package is offered which includes:
Traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, HSA; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, 15 sick days. For more details, visit: Middle Manager Benefits.
- Five years of professional-level experience in airport management, airline business management, or commercial real estate and property management, of which three years must have been in a position supervising professional-level staff.
- Experience in interpreting and applying federal rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in airport management, public or business administration, planning, or a related field.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- All positions in the Aviation Department require individuals to pass a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) background check prior to hire
- The following list is not all inclusive, but are TSA general factors for disqualification of employment for working at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Other factors will be assessed that may also lead to disqualification. Qualified candidates should consider these factors when applying. Aviation Employment Disqualifiers
- This position requires use of a personal or City vehicle. Individuals must be physically capable of operating vehicles safely, possess an appropriate valid Arizona’s driver’s license, possess personal insurance coverage, and have an acceptable driving record.
- Only the highest qualified will be posted to the eligible to hire list.
- The selected candidate shall have twenty-four months after hire date to move into the designated residency area. For more details, visit: https://www.phoenix.gov/hr/who-apply/residency.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above.
During the online application process, please be advised that you will need to provide responses to the following open-ended questions (the system allows copying/pasting into the answer fields):
- List related job titles and employers of current/previous jobs.
- In approximately 100 words or fewer, indicate the number and type of employees you have supervised on an ongoing basis.
- In approximately 100 words or fewer, describe your experience in airport or airline business management.
- In approximately 100 words or fewer, indicate your experience in commercial real estate and property management.
YOUR COVER LETTER
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Deputy Aviation Director, JC: 25200, ID#30253, 01/20/19, 6 mos, PO, Benefits: Mid Mgr
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Spend Wisely, Be Kind.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.