City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Enterprise Project Manager-Full time Permanent Position
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
If you want to be a part of a transformational team, responsible for handling the 5th largest city’s various modernization projects, then this job is for you.
The City of Phoenix is seeking experienced and a highly-motivated Information Technology (IT) Project Manager to oversee different initiatives or projects, monitor the progress and completion, and ensure clients’ expectations are met. Phoenix currently has one opening for an IT Project Manager. The position is fulltime, 40 hours/week. However, this recruitment may be used for other IT Project Manager positions as well.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have proven experience in IT project management, including the implementation of enterprise level, multi-year technology initiatives. The ideal candidate possess diplomacy, command control of the project and high emotional intelligence to juggle multiple stakeholders. Proficiency with a project management tool, such as Microsoft Project Server (Project Web App - Online) would be ideal for documenting, monitoring and reporting the development of projects.
Working for Phoenix Information Technology Services (ITS) Department means the successful candidate will be a part of a customer-service focused team that is at the forefront of building relationships with department-clients. The Project Manager will work closely with the Project Porfolio Manager and Deputy Chief information Officer to actively contribute to a PMO Center of Excellence. Project managers are integral to the modernization initiatives at the City of Phoenix.
This position would manage some of the key initiatives across the organization inclusive but not limited to Smart City and big data and analytics initiatives. The project manager will be able to work on advanced technology intiatives to advance the City of Phoenix to deliver better services to our residents.
Recruitment closes April 29, 2019. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
$73,653- $109,658 annually. Appointment can be made above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days. For more details, visit:
- Three years of experience in IT program/project management
- Three years of experience managing IT program/project teams
- Three years of vendor management experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, management, information technology, or related field
- This is a salaried/exempt position, and incumbents must have the ability to work after hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
- Only the highest qualified candidates will be posted to the eligible to hire list.
- This position may be subject to Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) background standards. Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment must be fingerprinted and will have their fingerprints used to check the Criminal History Records of the State of Arizona Department of Public Safety and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Any records returned will be reviewed to determine the candidate’s suitability for the job.
- Some positions and assignments within the City may be required to pass specific background checks and/or a polygraph relative to the department. The general factors for disqualification are listed at https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Documents/disqualifierscivilian.pdf
- Some positions in this classification require the use of personal or City vehicles on City business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess an appropriate valid Arizona driver’s license, possess personal insurance coverage, and have an acceptable driving record.
- The City job description can be found here..
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Includes the job requirements listed above, plus:
- Experience in public sector and/or municipal government
- Experience with data analytics and informatics solutions, modeling or data quality initiatives
- Current PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP); PMP in progress may be acceptable with years of experience
- Other certifications and skills such as Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen, Agile and Scrum
- Master’s Degree in Business/Public Administration, Information Technology or a related field
- Experience using Power BI and/or PWA (MS Project Server-Online)
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, OneNote, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL ALSO HAVE:
- Excellent customer service and business relationship communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to produce excellent written project documentation
¿¿The successful candidates will be integral in the implementation of key projects that will modernize the way the City delivers its services to residents and customers. Additionally, the successful candidates will appreciate the outstanding benefits package, including professional development funds in support of increasing knowledge and expertise in the industry. With Phoenix’s generous paid vacation time, the successful candidate can enjoy the city’s many attractions, including major sports and cultural events, award-winning restaurants, fascinating museums and endless outdoor activities. Phoenix is an emerging leader in technology, and we want individuals who are ready to be a part of this exciting transformation.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
IT Project Manager, JC: 09440, ID# 31323, 04/01/19, 6 mos, CH , Benefits: 007, Q
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.