City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Management Asst I
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This job classification performs a variety of high level administrative and technical work such as tracking and analzing operational data and making statistical analyses, studying special administrative problems, and developing improved systems, procedures, and forms which lower operating costs or increase efficiency. Duties include: managing multiple projects at once; evaluating, developing and implementing recommended changes in organization, technology, policies or regulations; developing and maintaining operational quality control systems; creating training, informational and procedural materials for customers and staff; and processing and reviewing reports to executive management.
There are currently two vacancies in the Public Works Department - Solid Waste Field Services and Customer Engagement Services Divisions.
The vacancy in the Solid Waste Field Service Division (SWFS) is responsible for providing critical support to the SWFS management team. The work that will be performed by the SWFS Management Assistant I includes oversight of disposal reciprocal agreements, creating and maintaining operational processes, identifying operational efficiencies, and developing solutions to better serve our residents and meet strategic goals.
The vacancy in the Customer Engagement Services Division (CES) is responsible for providing critical support to the CES management team. The work that will be performed by the CES Management Assistant I includes monitoring several contracts, preparing division reports for executive management, and inventory management.
SWFS is responsible for the collection of residential garbage, green organics, recycling and bulk trash for more than 400,000 households. SWFS has 316 employees and operates out of four service centers. CES manages the specialized collection of solid waste and recycling materials; engages residents; maintains and repairs barrels; builds programs which focus on increasing the diversion of waste from the landfill. CES has 133 employees and operates out of four service centers.
This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
First review of applications will occur the week of March 25, 2019. Recruitment will close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$44,678 - $66,518 annually.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days. For more details, visit: Unit 7 Benefits
- One year of professional experience in governmental research, finance or public administration.
- Master's degree (or a Bachelors and one additional year of experience) in business or public administration, communications, political science, social work, or a related field.
- Other equivalent combinations of years of experience and years of college education may be substituted (e.g., Bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience).
- Only the highest qualified will be posted to the eligible to hire list.
- The City job description can be found here.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - The job requirements listed above, plus:
- Two years of professional experience analyzing complex information, such as recommendations, policies or laws, and writing related summaries and reports.
- Two years of direct professional experience creating or maintaining reports for executive level management.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Management Assistant I, JC: 05310, ID# 30940, 03/10/19, 6 mos, BR, Benefits: 007, Q
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.