City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The City of Phoenix Street Transportation Department is seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented and high-performing individual to fill one (1) Project Manager position in the Traffic Services Division.
In addition to performing utility permit plan review and coordinating utility work on City Capital Improvement Projects, this position: 1) supervises a team of Chief Engineering Technicians who perform utility permit plan review and coordinate utility work on Capital Improvement Projects, and 2) negotiates and administers licenses for utility companies in the right-of-way, including telecommunications and cable TV companies, electric and gas companies, and wireless service providers.
The Project Manager will perform professional level duties involved in the negotiation, implementation and administration of all licenses and contracts including but not limited to coordinating and working with the City’s legal staff, scheduling and preparing licenses and contracts for approval by the City Council, working with the finance staff on monthly and annual billing and reconciliation for plan review & permit fees, annual ROW use fees, and other fees.
As such, the Project Manager is required to apply sound, creative problem-solving techniques and communicate clearly and professionally in written and oral channels. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Plan Review Coordinator, and the Special Projects Administrator.
Some of the major responsibilities of the position include:
* Perform utility plan review and coordinate utility relocations and projects with the Capital Projects section.
* Negotiate and administer licenses and contracts for companies that install, operate and repair facilities in the City’s right-of-way. Prepares staff report and schedules items for City Council agenda for consideration.
* Prepare and process monthly billing invoices and track the payment of the invoices to ensure that accounts are in current standing.
* Supervise and develop a team of Chief Engineering Technicians who perform utility plan review and coordinate utility relocations and projects with the Capital Projects section.
* Track and provide reporting on work activity and productivity of team.
* Work with utility companies on construction projects, permit applications, joint project agreements, inter-governmental agreements, as well as specifications and deadlines.
* Interact with utility companies and other governmental agencies to obtain necessary permits and clearances and to ensure regulatory compliance.
* Meeting with community representatives and stakeholders to review proposed projects and activities.
* Communicating and responding directly to citizen’s inquiries regarding current programs and projects.
This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
First review of applicants will occur on the week of April 22, 2019. Recruitment may close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$57,283 - $85,405 annually. Candidates may be hired above the minimum depending on qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days. For more details, visit:
Four years of responsible experience in urban development, redevelopment, business assistance, capital improvement, design and/or construction projects at a level which required supervision OR participation in the planning and programming processes.
A bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, or a related field.
An equivalent combination of relevant experience and education may be considered.
The City job description can be found here.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - The job requirements listed above, plus:
Four years of professional-level experience reviewing and approving utility plans for work in the right-of-way.
Project management, utility plan review and coordination experience in a local government agency.
Two years of professional-level experience in utility coordination for Capital Improvement Projects.
Two years of experience negotiating and administering licenses and contracts with local utility companies and other users of the right-of-way.
Experience coordinating projects with multiple stakeholders.
Working with wireless service providers on site location, site plan review and permits.
Experience working with legal staff on licenses and contracts for companies installing, operating and repairing facilities in the right-of-way.
State and local laws and regulations as they pertain to use of the right-of-way.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Project Manager, JC:08640, ID#31416, 4/08/2019, 6M, VG, Benefits: 007, Q
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.