City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Public Works Department Facilities Management Division (FMD) is chartered with ensuring the continuous operation of all aspects of a building while maintaining a safe and cost-effective environment for our employees and the public. Currently, FMD supports over 575 City owned and leased facilities covering 8.5 million square feet, including the downtown campus, police and fire stations, libraries, service centers, senior centers, parks and pools, recreation centers, arts and cultural facilities, and other City buildings and infrastructure.
The FMD team provides electrical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning, building maintenance, project planning, project oversight, fire/life safety, property management, energy management, and warehouse services to City departments and functions through a variety of delivery methods.
The Property Manager position manages City facilities and tenant functions. Responsibilities include identifying and coordinating construction/remodeling/maintenance projects; managing operating and capital improvement program (CIP) budgets to include cost containment and prioritization; communicating with tenants, allocating space and resolving issues and disputes; implementing and overseeing facility projects and programs (i.e. asset management, environmental, CIP, etc.); overseeing code-required programs such as Emergency Preparedness, Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) and building evacuation plans/drills; developing policies; developing, negotiating, and enforcing agreements; and supervising professional, paraprofessional, and clerical vendors and/or employees. Incumbents exercise considerable public relations skills and may serve as an ombudsman for executives, tenants, the media, and the public. Incumbents also may serve as a liaison to high-profile entities such as the Communications Office and Homeland Security. Work is performed under the supervision of a Facilities Asset Manager.
This position requires the ability to communicate verbally and in writing, make oral presentations to departments’ management team, establish cooperative working relationships, author and present analytical and statistical reports, interpret information accurately and make decisions according to existing laws, regulations, and policies. This position also requires knowledge of asset and property management principles and practices, preparation and monitoring of municipal budgets and principals of customer service/public relations.
Currently a vacancy exists in the Public Works Department.
This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
First review of applications will occur the week of November 26, 2018. Recruitment will close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$60,174 - $89,856 annually.
Candidates may be hired above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days. For more details, visit:
- Three years of experience managing commercial or government owned properties, INCLUDING one year of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in property management, public or business administration, communications management, or a related field.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- The City job description can be found here.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - The job requirements listed above, plus:
- One year of construction or project management experience.
- Professional designation (i.e. IFMA, IREM, BOMA).
- Facilities management background is critical, both oversight and hands-on experience.
- Contractor monitoring experience.
- Experience inspecting facilities and determining short and long term maintenance needs.
- Experience preparing a facilities preventative maintenance schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME,
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Property Manager, JC: 74880, ID# 29274, 11/5/18, 6 mos., SA Benefits: 007
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.