City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Risk Management Coordinator
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This position is responsible for coordinating and monitoring insured property and liability claims handled by insurance company adjusters. This includes coordinating and gathering data for the annual liability and property insurance renewals; coordinating insurance company audits/inspections; updating property schedules; reviewing contracts for appropriate insurance and indemnification requirements; assuring optimal utilization of certificate of insurance tracking services; providing general risk management consulting for liability and property exposures; and evaluating incident data and loss data to identify trends and assure that proper risk management techniques are implemented to minimize the exposure to property and liability losses. Additional duties include coordinating and monitoring insured property and liability claims handled by insurance company adjusters, and investigating and providing necessary documentation for evaluation of claims/lawsuits. Currently, there is one, full-time vacancy in the Finance Department. This position will report to the Risk Management Division of the Finance Department, but may be assigned full-time to the central risk management office for the City of Phoenix or the Aviation Department at Sky Harbor International Airport.
The successful candidate completes duties with considerable independence in working with claimants, consultants, attorneys, medical personnel, contractors, investigators and City departments/agencies to gain information for the defense and/or settlement of claims.
First review of applications will occur the week of April 8, 2019. The recruitment may close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$60,174 - $89,856 annually. Candidates may be hired above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days. For more details, visit: Unit 7 Benefits
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in claims management, multi-line commercial insurance procurement, commercial insurance underwriting, commercial insurance brokerage and/or risk management consulting.
- Bachelor's degree in risk management, business administration or a related field.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- The City job description can be found here.
- Depending on assignment, the ability to pass and maintain compliance with applicable Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and other legal requirements.
- Some positions require the use of personal or City vehicles on City business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license, and have an acceptable driving record. Use of a personal vehicle for City business will be prohibited if the employee is not authorized to drive a City vehicle or if the employee does not have personal insurance coverage.
- Only the highest qualified will be posted to the eligible to hire list.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS A well-qualified candidate will possess the job requirements listed above, plus:
- Aviation/airport risk management experience and designation as an Associate in Risk Management and/or Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU).
- Three years of extensive experience using MARSH ClearSight or similar Risk Management Information System.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft productivity and email tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Direct supervisory and/or contractor management experience.
¿HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME,
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Risk Mgmt Coordinator, JC:12320, ID#31295, 03/26/19 6 mos, CH, Benefits: Supv, Q
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.