City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Structural Inspections Field Supervisor
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The position assists inspectors in resolving code interpretation differences between inspectors and builders. Serves as consultant and field expert on major building requirements such as atriums, high-rise and life safety systems. Answers questions and resolves issues relating to Construction Code and other building regulatory building requirements. Supervises and reviews the work of Structural Inspectors for quality and uniformity of inspections. Will be resposible to supervise, train, provide mediation of field code or installation problems for plan review staff in the Annual Facilities Program.
This recruitment may be used by the department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
Recruitment closes February 19, 2019. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
$57,283 - $85,405 annually. Appointment can be made above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days. For more details, visit: Unit 7 Benefits
- Two years of experience in inspecting and evaluating the construction of complex commercial and multi-story residential building projects to enforce Phoenix Construction Codes (two years at the level of Structural Inspector II).
- Only the highest qualified will be posted to the eligible to hire list.
- The City job description can be found here
By the end of probation, must possess ALL certifications listed below:
- Inspector I required certifications OR possess a Commercial Combination Inspector certification:
- ICC Residential Building Inspector
- ICC Accessibility Inspector/Plans Examiner
- ICC Commercial Building Inspector
- ICC Building Plans Examiner
- Pass ONE of the ICC CBO examinations
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Structural Insp Field Supv, JC:60020, ID#30423, 2/4/18, 6 months, CP, Benefits:007 , Q
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.