City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This position manages a major warehouse operation and is responsible for the purchase, receipt, inspection, custody, and distribution of material and supplies required to support the maintenance and repair of facilities. Establishes procedures for inventory control, warehousing, storeroom, and supply delivery for a 24-hour operation. Currently there is one vacancy in the Water Services Department.
This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
First review of applications will occur the week of January 21, 2019. Recruitment will close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$51,813 - $77,334 annually.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days. For more details, visit:
- 5 years of experience in warehousing, stores, and stores records activities,
- Including 2 years of supervisory experience.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- The City job description can be found here
- The following list is not all inclusive, but are TSA general factors for disqualification of employment for working at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. Other factors will be assessed that may also lead to disqualification. Qualified candidates should consider these factors when applying. Aviation Employment Disqualifiers
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - The job requirements listed above, plus:
- Experience working with Microsoft Office software is also highly desirable.
- Experience using SAP
- Experience purchasing
- Working irregular hours, shifts, weekends, holidays, and evenings may be required.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME,
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Supplies Supervisor, JC: 04150, ID# 30075, 1/6/19, 6 mos., VG, Benefits: 007
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Spend Wisely, Be Kind.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.