Coastal Forest Products
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Coastal Forest Products
Coastal Specialty Forest Products is a Family owned wholesale distributor of quality building products to an extensive dealer network throughout New England, Eastern NY and Long Island.
Come join our team in our new 200,000 square foot building, we firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and rewarding opportunities.
The Warehouse Manager position is a key role in the operations of the company. This position executes the sales of the company by effectively selecting and processing all orders placed by sales on a daily basis, manage the warehouse personnel and their schedules for the daily production cycle and manages the inventory transactions to ensure proper inventory accuracy and condition of company’s physical materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain warehouse employee schedules to meet the needs of the business, including scheduling and tracking time off.
- Manages the picking of orders and prepares them for shipment according to company procedures and customer requirements.
- Reallocates employee resources based on workflow and production area needs.
- Ensure that user entries in WMS are accurate and consistent with procedures.
- Work with sales and operations departments to resolve issues and support customer delivery service.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship with outside vendors.
- Coach and discipline employees as necessary to uphold Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the processing and put away of returns from customers as needed (RMA’s).
- Ensure that employees are following safety rules and promoting a safety culture.
- Ensure inbound receipts and paperwork is filled out correctly to ensure proper labeling of product.
- Address employee concerns as needed.
- Communicate and enforce company safety policies and relevant OSHA regulations.
- Conduct employee meetings as directed.
- Recruit and hire warehouse employees as needed.
- Address needed facility repairs and site security issues.
- Arrange for site snow plowing as needed.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Some lumber experience or knowledge but not necessary
- Forklift Certified or the ability to become certified
- Ability to lift or move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Working outdoors in varying ambient temperatures
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, standing, and walking significant distances.
- May reach above shoulder heights and below the waist on a frequent basis
- Ability to work in office and outdoor environment, around related equipment
- Paid time off- vacation & sick
- Health insurance with vision
- Dental insurance
- Company paid life insurance 10,000
- Voluntary Life insurance (employee)
- Disability insurance STD & LTD
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- 401 K