Cocopah Indian Tribe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cocopah Tribal Government - Government Finance Director
at Cocopah Indian Tribe
Under the general guidance and direction of the Tribal Council/Tribal Administrator, performs work of considerable difficulty in complex governmental accounting work; directs the activities and supervises staff of the Cocopah Tribal Finance Department
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs professional level governmental accounting and supervisory work; prepares financial data for internal and external uses related to the effective management of Cocopah Tribal fiscal affairs;
- Develops work methods and policies necessary to obtain desired results; coordinates work of external auditing agencies; advises Cocopah Tribal Council/Administrator on budget matters and monitors budget on a Government-wide basis.
- Instructs and trains all employees assigned to the Tribal Finance Department.
- Safeguards and monitors funds through a system of procedures which document all transactions properly.
- Verifies all bookkeeping entries, payments, purchases, expenditures and balances for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Provides technical assistance to Government Directors in preparation of budget proposals, purchasing policies travel requests and other matters associated with Finance.
- Assists auditors as directed.
- Prepares and monitors tribal payroll in accordance with federal regulations and requirements.
- Assure that Payroll files are maintained for each Tribal employee.
- Monitors Tribal benefits program for all eligibility and ensures employees receive or waive benefits earned.
- Assists Directors to develop budgets and monitors all department contracts, grants
- Prepares and submits program reports for all Tribal grants and contracts.
- Daily review of budget to actual results of fiscal activity to ensure availability of resource and to recommend budget adjustments as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skill / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiar with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for governmental programs.
- Use, analysis and implementation of automated accounting systems and Microsoft Office.
- Laws and regulations relating to Tribal financial administration; budget preparation and control.
- Planning, directing and controlling work of others;
- Preparing comprehensive financial reports for various uses, including preparation of Tribal financial statements.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with and among employees, Tribal members, and the public
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or closely related field, five (5) years of professional level accounting experience, two (2) years of which involve direct supervisory experience; OR any combination of education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Associate Degree with experience will be considered.
- Testing may be required.
- Must be able to pass background check.
Thank you for your time and interest in the Cocopah Indian Tribe.
In order for us to consider you an eligible applicant, we will be needing you to submit an official application. Please click the URL link, visit Cocopah.com to apply, or contact Cocopah HR at 928-627-2102.
Have a great day.