Cocopah Indian Tribe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cocopah Tribal Government - IT Director
at Cocopah Indian Tribe
Under direct supervision of Tribal Administration, performs complex management and technical duties as the Tribes Director of Information Technology; directs Information Technology (IT) Department through effective planning, staff management, and resource allocation; directs technical staff and IT operations to provide stable, secure, and reliable technical support services to meet Tribal needs and strategic plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and directs IT Department operations through effective planning, staff management, resource allocation, and sound fiscal practices; directs and works hands on with IT programs, including help desk services, computer hardware/software management, technology procurement and contract management, training, network engineering and administration, and telecommunications.
- Serves as IT Director and principal technology advisor to the Tribal Council and Tribal Administrator; provides leadership, direction and guidance in IT strategies and priorities; evaluates and analyzes IT operational data, and develops solutions for managing the Tribe’s technology assets.
- Directs, coaches and trains staff, and evaluates performance; meets regularly with staff to discuss and resolve priorities, workload, resource allocation, budgets, technical issues, quality standards and services.
- Exercises independent judgment within policy guidelines; develops technology infrastructure plans to meet Tribal goals; interprets concerns, defines desired results, and determines scope and priorities of programs and special projects; encourages new ideas and collaborative approaches to solving problems.
- Determines IT Department objectives based on administrative direction, and evaluates progress toward achieving goals; evaluates staffing levels, resource availability, and service demands; allocates resources to maximize IT system efficiency
- Analyzes operational information, evaluates trends, and develops plans to meet future needs; assures all technology issues are properly addressed and resolved; assures effective communication of IT issues.
- Develops and manages strategic technology plan, and technical integration plans to manage present and future operations; manages the collection, analysis and reporting of IT operational and budget data.
- Develops solutions to address integration of technologies, and assure that platform performance, scalability, capacity, and security are aligned with current and future business needs.
- Assures effective communication of IT issues and strategies with Tribal management team; coordinates IT development activities with other departments.
- Designs, specifies, configures, installs, and maintains local area network hardware, software, and telecommunications services such as Tribal computers, system software, software applications, printers, servers, routers, bridges, switches, modems, cabling, and Internet service providers.
- Develops and communicates standards for use, operations, and security of network, personal computers, and data.
- Negotiates contracts with and coordinates activities of hardware, software, telecommunications, support, and training vendors.
- Develops and implements disaster recovery procedures as part of the IT strategic plan for the Tribal computer and networking systems.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs all duties of supervised staff on an as needed basis and performs other duties as required or assigned.
Skill / Requirements
- Have the technical ability and background to be able to perform most if not all of the duties of supervised staff.
- Have knowledge of Principles and practices of technology management, infrastructure system development, and systems integration.
- Must be familiar with Network administration and management.
- Must possess effective communication skills both verbally and written.
- Ability to manage others and effectively communicate objectives.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year college or university; or 6 years of current IT project management, network administration and technical support experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid AZ Driver’s License.
- Must be able to pass background investigation.
- Testing may be required.
Thank you for your time and interest in the Cocopah Indian Tribe.
In order for us to consider you an eligible applicant, we will be needing you to submit an official application. Please click the URL link, visit Cocopah.com to apply, or contact Cocopah HR at 928-627-2102.
Have a great day.