Cocopah Indian Tribe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cocopah Tribal Government - Museum Office/Gift Shop Manager
at Cocopah Indian Tribe
Under the direct supervision of the Museum Director/Cultural Programs Coordinator. The primary responsibilities of the Museum Office/Gift Shop Manager will be to provide office support to the Museum Director and staff while managing the daily operations of the Museum Gift Shop. This is a supervisory position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Provides leadership duties during absence of the museum director.
- Responsible for bookkeeping duties for maintaining the gift shop checking account.
- Maintain monthly reports and time sheet submissions as well as maintaining accurate and current inventory reports and end of the year inventory duties.
- Order new products and maintain ongoing products, maintain adequate food and drink stock.
- Network with other organizations to promote increased sales in Tribal arts and crafts as well as maintaining museum files of vendors, correspondence, reports, and vehicle records.
- Coordinates Cultural Center usage calendar.
- Develops, distributes and maintains all memos, mail and other correspondence to & from the Tribal Headquarters.
- Supervise and train the Office Receptionist, Gift Shop Clerk and volunteers.
- Processes all memos, mail and other correspondence from the Tribal Headquarters.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly Elders Cultural Council meetings and assumes the role of the Museum Director as needed.
- Participate in the annual Cocopah Cultural Celebration Day plans & implementation.
- Attends staff meetings, training, and workshops.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Skill / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have good public relation skills.
- Must have practical experience in marketing, sales management and small business operations.
- Must have cash register experience and aptitude to accurately log all cash register transactions and deposits.
- Must have the ability to maintain a filing system.
- Excellent Customer service skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Adhere to confidentiality requirements.
- Must be able to comply with written and verbal instructions and communicate well orally and in writing.
- Excellent Computer skills with Word, Excel spreadsheets and design publisher programs.
- Ability to develop strong work ethics and must have organizational, prioritizing, marketing and design skills.
- Flexibility with new challenges as they arise, and the ability to travel and work flexible hours as required.
- Ability to handle large packages and routinely lift 20 to 30 pound packages.
- Fluency in English and Cocopah languages is preferred. Spanish language fluency also a plus.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Must have a least two years general office experience and at least one year of supervisory experience.
- Experience in bookkeeping.
- Must be able to type 40 wpm.
- Strong background in office procedures.
- Must be 21 years of age, required for GSA vehicle operation.
- Must possess a current valid Arizona Driver’s License and have reliable transportation.
- Testing may be required.
Thank you for your time and interest in the Cocopah Indian Tribe.
In order for us to consider you an eligible applicant, we will be needing you to submit an official application. Please click the URL link, visit Cocopah.com to apply, or contact Cocopah HR at 928-627-2102.
Have a great day.