Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Epic Allied Application Manager
at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Work Hours: M-F, 8-5
Epic Allied Application Manager
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Scholarship Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees onsite
- Employee Commissary
- "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 9 years in a row!
Responsible for the development, upgrades, optimization and support of the Epic allied systems. Facilitates decisions and work which affect applications and patient care practices. Develops professional relationships with external clients and internal team members. Actively participates in project status and departmental meetings. Acts as a technical escalation point for staff and assist with the resolution of problems that are more challenging or complex in nature.
Manages, supports, and empowers a quality team of application analysts. Acts as a coach and positive role model for staff by establishing & maintaining a safe work environment that fosters positive morale. Appropriately monitors and addresses performance issues, applying corrective or disciplinary action when needed. Effectively manages staff in compliance with established policies, procedures and legal guidelines.
Works closely with senior management and Health Information Technology staff to determine strategy & priorities and to ensure the team is meeting business needs. Responsible for change management process for all updates and changes to applications, infrastructure, and environments. Ensures that the allied support teams deliver based on priorities and communicates progress effectively to all stakeholders. Leads or participates in allied information teams, workgroups and committees. Involves all disciplines and providers in problem solving and optimization. Evaluates factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and social impact when developing and implementing information-handling technologies. Promotes the understanding and effective use of information technology in the clinical setting. Must be proactive in identifying critical business, technical, and/or operational issues and then drive issues to closure.
- Experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining application software.
- Experience in project management, conducting feasibility studies, cost/benefits analysis, system design, implementation, conversion and benefit realization.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve within guidelines established by department management.
- Ability to multi-task, working on a variety of different projects at one time.
- Must be a self-starter and an initiator of action. Customer-service oriented.
- Strong organizational skills.
- A creative problem solver with a willingness to take initiative and ownership of issues and to follow through to completion.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, multitask, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of allied health policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates interest and skill in the use of computers.
- Experience in formal and informal teaching of adult learners. Working knowledge of Visio and project management software desirable.
- Experience using / implementing Epic applications.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in a technology department.
- Working knowledge of hospital operations.
- Project management skills.
- Proficient Epic end user preferred
- Professional training in LEAN process methodologies, change management, and/or project management preferred
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Informatics or related field required. Masters preferred
- Epic certifications preferred but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer