County of Bernalillo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Housing Construction Coordinator/Property Manager
at County of Bernalillo
- Position Summary & Duties Responsible
This position will coordinate construction projects for Housing as assigned by the Housing Director. This position will manage residential properties for both single family and multifamily for Bernalillo County and will implement program goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and coordinate construction activities including rehab and construction Housing projects.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of program goals and objectives; establish schedules and assignments.
- Assist in assembling construction project team, such as architect, general contractor, and/or sub-contractors as needed, to include other professionals that would be involved with the construction project working with Bernalillo County Purchasing in selecting contractors and awarding contracts.
- Conduct job site meetings to discuss and provide current information on material and labor costs and alert management of any discrepancies found in construction activities.
- Monitor progress of project to ensure completion meets deadline. Work in conjunction with the contracted architect on housing projects/activities and confer with other agencies, utility companies, and property owners as required.
- Issue directives to contractors as delegated by housing director to ensure compliance with contract documents or to execute field changes as approved and compare construction plans/specification against quantities reported to assure compliance with contract provisions.
- Develop and maintain adequate monitoring and reporting systems to ensure adequacy, quality and timeliness of work and monitor emergency call out repair services.
- Determine scope of work to be completed on homes by maintaining, coordinating and conducting physical inspections, developing bid requests specific to each project and prepare work estimate costs, assist with preparation of audits and management with budget preparation and investigate grant opportunities and assist with the preparation of grant applications.
- Generate necessary actions, documents and process in accordance with State and County guidelines. Interact and network with funding partners as it pertains to Bernalillo County.
- Prepare and maintain detailed reports on all new or ongoing projects and program activities to include statistical and progress reports.
- Evaluate each application for final approval and make recommendations for assistance.
- Assure work orders are met per funding partners, landlord tenant law and Bernalillo County requirements.
- Ensure property is rented to fullest capacity. Ensure that all rent and late fees have been collected. Ensure resident files are properly maintained.
- Respond to inquiries, requests and correspondence from tenants.
- Perform other job related duties as required or assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Architecture or related field plus four (4) years experience related to building construction technology, building trades/codes, building inspection and property management; two (2) years supervisory experience and Housing and Urban Development (HUD) experience preferred; OR any related combination of education from an accredited college or university or related experience in this occupation totaling eight (8) years may substitute for the required education and experience and may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
- Requires a current General Building License (GB-98) or the ability to obtain within one (1) year from the date of hire. A Housing Quality Standards Inspectors Certification (HQS) required within one year from date of hire. A New Mexico Building Inspectors Certification preferred.
- Employee must have a valid New Mexico driver's license by employment date and maintain a valid NM driver's license while employed in this position.
- Supplemental Information
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA'S)
- Must have knowledge of construction methods, basic principles of cost estimating, budgeting and project scheduling.
- Must have the ability to learn purchasing principles, practices, procedures and techniques; state and county purchasing laws and regulations to include warehouse inventory control.
- Must have the ability to establish objectives, recommend procedures and/or methods for program implementations and delivery of services.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English.
- Must have the ability to operate a variety of modern office equipment including various computer systems.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with public agencies, the general public, contractors, vendors, management and subordinates.
- Must have the ability to comprehend and interpret complex rules, regulations and laws related to the public housing industry.
The offer of this Bernalillo County position requires compliance with the following:
- Employee must successfully complete the post-offer employment medical examination and background investigation.
- Employee must comply with the safety guidelines of the County.
- Employee must complete required FEMA training(s) as assigned to position.
- Employee must complete required Supervisor classes if applicable.
- Works alone primarily, with or without direction.
- Worker performs duties both indoors (approximately 80%) and outdoors (approximately 20%)
- Indoor duties are performed in a temperature-controlled environment. Worker exposed to natural weather conditions while working outdoors.
- Indoor duties are performed on an even surface, which may be carpeted or tiled. Indoor duties may require climbing and descending stair cases, duties are performed on a dry surface. Outdoor surfaces may include natural ground, asphalt or concrete.
- Equipment typically used in the performance of office duties which include, but are not limited to telephone, calculator, computer, typewriter, photocopy machine and fax machine.
- Materials and products handled in the course of performing essential duties include files, forms, reports, clipboards, manuals, books and a wide variety of basic office supplies.
- County vehicle is used by employee in traveling from site-to-site throughout the County.
COUNTY OF BERNALILLO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER