County of Bernalillo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Internal Only - Records Supervisor (Real Estate)
at County of Bernalillo
- Position Summary & Duties Responsible
Under general direction of the Deputy Clerk, responsible for the supervision and direction of the preparation and maintenance of official records and all actions and proceedings of the County Clerks Recording and Filing Division. Coordinate and supervise the recording, filing, indexing and retrieving of real estate documents, uniform commercial code documents and other recorded instruments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise, direct and assist employees in all aspects of recording, filing, indexing and retrieving of real estate documents, other legal documents and recorded instruments.
- Interview, hire, train and evaluate employees and make recommendations regarding personnel matters.
- Develop and maintain recordkeeping procedures and manage appropriate records in adherence with applicable regulations, policies and standards.
- Oversee the receipt of funds and the recording of monetary transactions.
- Assign duties and examine work for conformance to policies and procedures.
- Recommend work procedures, changes to policies and procedures and changes to scheduling in order to keep efficient workflow.
- Oversee response to inquiries from the public on filing, recording, indexing and retrieving of real estate documents, legal documents and other recorded instruments.
- Prepare financial and budget reports and composite department reports pertaining to daily, weekly, monthly and annual activity levels.
- Respond to inquiries and research and resolve problems related to transactions handled by the division to include other county departments, county officials or the public.
- Perform other duties as needed to assure the continued functioning and flow of recording, filing, indexing and retrieval of documents.
*The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of all employees assigned to this job.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Business Management or Business Administration, Public Administration, or closely related field plus four (4) years of responsible administration experience as documented by past employment relating to office management, supervision of staff and overall department operation. Preference will be given for experience in handling of real estate and or legal documents.
- OR any combination of post-secondary education and/or experience totaling eight (8) years of responsible administrative experience as documented by past employment relating to office management, supervision of staff and overall department operation. Preference will be given for experience in handling of real estate and/or legal documents.
- Must have knowledge of real estate and or legal documents.
- Must have knowledge of general office procedures and supervisory principles.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer and other types of office equipment.
- Must have the ability to motivate, delegate and give direction to staff members; to plan organize and supervise work of staff members.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written English.
- Must have the ability to interact professionally with the public, staff members and other County employees.
- Supplemental Information
Screening and Compliance
The offer of this Bernalillo County position requires compliance with the following:
- Employee must successfully complete the post-offer employment medical examination and background investigation.
- Employee must comply with the safety guidelines of the County.
- All essential duties are performed indoors.
- Duties are performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Duties are performed on an even surface, which may be carpeted or tile. Working surface is typically dry.
- Employee will work alone, one-on-one or in small groups with or without direction from Deputy Clerk.
Equipment, Tools and Materials
- Equipment typically used in the performance of office duties include telephone, computer terminal, computer printer, computer keyboard, typewriter, photocopy machine, fax machine and calculator.
- Materials and products handled in the course of performing essential duties include files, forms, reports, various other paperwork, money, and a wide variety of basic office supplies.
COUNTY OF BERNALILLO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER