County of Bernalillo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Records Management Specialist
at County of Bernalillo
- Position Summary & Duties Responsible
Under general supervision, perform administrative duties in support of a department. Assist department in directing, assigning and developing procedures that pertain to the operations of the department or County as a whole. Assign work and supervise clerical staff as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY
- Direct the assigned personnel in proper handling, processing, and maintaining of warrants and report data received by Warrants Data Entry Section.
- Perform audits of court documents and computer entries in order to ensure accuracy.
- Process, code and enter warrants data and report data into the computer system.
- Verify and retrieve original warrants for conformation and service.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining official documents and internal records in appropriate files.
- Perform department administrative duties such as coordinating purchase requisitions, securing quotes from vendors; maintenance of records pertaining to daily transactions and business details such as employee time records and budget expenditures.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining official documents and records in appropriate files, both manual and computer. Ensure appropriate records, files and other official documents are maintained and disseminated in accordance with County, State and Federal laws, records retention policies and procedures. Conduct research through available resources to obtain information to enhance report and warrant entry information. Conduct research and prepare drafts of special reports as assigned.
- Work with all court offices and court personnel to ensure timely and effective processing of all court cases.
- Review and prepare evidentiary materials for various courts: maintain calendar of court dockets and copy all documentation; gather and disseminate information to proper officials in each case.
- Act as a liaison between the department, courts and other agencies in support of the courts.
- Ensure every case is scheduled and/or rescheduled with notification given to all parties.
- May supervise clerical support staff.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Associate's Degree and (2) two years experience in business/office/clerical administration OR any combination of education from an accredited college or university in a related field or related experience in this occupation totaling four (4) years may substitute for the required education and experience. Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
- Must have experience in maintaining, recording, and filing of legal documents.
- Must have the ability to interact with other departments within the county and other jurisdictions.
- Skilled in standard office procedures and operations, e.g., scheduling appointments, processing mail, drafting correspondence, proof reading, and word processing.
- Ability to analyze documents and issues, and summarize them with accuracy both orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and prioritize workload for self and others and the ability to supervise and assign work to other staff personnel.
- Knowledge and skills related to the use and operation of equipment and procedures in Warrants Data Entry Section.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with the pubic, supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to operate standard office machines including typewriter, computer and multi-line telephone systems.
- Supplemental Information
SCREENING AND COMPLIANCE
The offer of this Bernalillo County position requires compliance with the following:
- Employee must successfully complete the post-offer employment medical examination.
- Employee must successfully complete a background investigation.
- All essential duties are performed indoors.
- Duties are performed in a temperature-controlled environment
- Duties are performed on an even surface, which may be carpeted or tile. Working surface is typically dry.
- Equipment typically used in the performance of office duties include telephone, computer terminal, computer printer, computer keyboard, typewriter, photocopy machine, fax machine and calculator.
COUNTY OF BERNALILLO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER