Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Immigration Program Manager
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
: Family Immigration Services 308 W. Main Street Somerton, AZ 85350
CPLC Immigration provides immigration services; including naturalization, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, and family-based immigration petitions services. The Program Manager implements specific agency services, programs, and projects. The Program Manager ensures program activities that are in line with stated project objectives. Assists in contract administration. Supervises daily operations, employees, and/or volunteers. Represents program at various agency and community meetings.
- Supervise a team of up to 5 staff
- Supervises daily operations, including direct services, administration, and record keeping.
- Supervises, assigns, instructs, trains, and evaluates assigned staff.
- Manages program budget, monitor funding compliance, and submit grant proposals and monthly, quarterly reports to internal and external partners and or agencies.
- Represents program at various agency and community meetings.
- Ensures that casework and staff are adequately supervised.
- Ensures that all staff maintain competency in immigration procedure.
- Develops, clarifies and implements policies for staff.
- Works with funders to ensure continued funding of program.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with community organizations and governmental agencies to promote and expand program
- Establishes operational procedures and policies related to immigration program.
- Ability to maintain a caseload of active clients.
- Follows all CPLC’s policies, procedures and protocols
- Must maintain a great deal of confidentiality and integrity
- Maintain satisfactory punctuality and attendance as set on the work schedule.
- Know applicable state and federal laws and regulations regarding immigration.
- Program contract administration; ability to manage and prepare budgets and budget forecast.
- Ability to effectively manage a team to reach both short-term and long-term goals.
- Ability to manage a fee for service, block grants funding and cost reimbursement budget
- Communicate effectively in written and oral form; develop/maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent organization skills; detail oriented
- Flexible with schedule, able to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Computer proficiency (Immigration Software preferred, Word, PowerPoint, E-mail, Internet)
- Must be able to travel to different locations throughout the state of Arizona and Out of State
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Must possess or obtain Dept. of Justice Accreditation within a year.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Four to six years of related experience including supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of Immigration policies, procedures, and regulations
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess an Arizona Driver’s license, vehicle insurance and availability to be covered under CPLC policy.
Sitting for long periods Driving
Standing for long periods Kneel
Lifting 0-30 lbs. Bend Stoop
Typing In state and Out of State Traveling
Schedule may include working weekends and evenings as needed
Working on a computer 4- 6 hours a day
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
Work is performed in structured environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the . Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.