Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
YouthBuild Program Manager
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Location: 4070 N M.L.K Blvd, North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Promote CPLC Nevada and its mission and programs throughout
the State as required/requested. Provides support, coordination and supervision
of staff. Ensure staff accountability, productivity, policy compliance and best
practice on specifically assigned programs/projects.
develop, and provide oversight of the Youthbuild program with CPLC Nevada. This
includes developing strong community support and collaborative partnerships,
maintaining effective linkages with other agencies, ensuring the quality and
integration of all components, staff supervision, developing new program
funding sources, and working with the youth policy committee.
· Training or experience equivalent to a master’s degree in
the social sciences, planning or management, preferably in youth services or
· Strong leadership skills and at least three years’
successful management or planning experience in a community-based setting.
· Demonstrated skill in program and non-profit development
· Experience in supervision, training, and evaluation of personnel
· Experience in working independently
written and oral communication skills
· Must be capable of working with diverse cultural populations.
· Experience in budget development and fiscal management of
an agency with a budget that exceeds $1 million.
· Management style which promotes teamwork and participation
by staff at all levels.
· Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
· Must be able to travel to different locations throughout
the state of Nevada and Out of State
· Must have access to reliable transportation, valid driver’s
license, and automobile insurance as required and be insurable under the
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
· Build and maintain working relations
with community organizations, city, state, county, and federal agencies.
· Design program and organizational
structure; plan and coordinate development of program components.
· Recruit, hire, and supervise administrative
and program staff.
· Oversee the daily operation of the
program including the development and monitoring of the budget.
· Establish and work with the board of
directors or advisory board on planning and policy issues.
· Develop workable partnerships with grant
partners, educational organizations, and youth.
· Establish and involve the youth policy
committee in program planning and operational decision making.
· Organize and coordinate work of
broad-based coalition supportive of YouthBuild goals
· Develop and maintain an ongoing working
relationship with the national YouthBuild office.
· Collect data for any ongoing evaluation
· Other duties as assigned.
The physical and mental demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to:
* Use written and oral communication skills
* Read and interpret data, information and documents
* Analyze and solve non-routine and complex office administrative problems
* Learn and apply new information or skills
* Perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks
* Interact with managers, staff, customers, the public and others encountered in the course of work
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in structured office environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Nevada President. Employee
is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and