Credit Union of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Member Services Contact Center Manager
at Credit Union of Colorado
Responsible for the management of the Member Service Contact Center operations supervisors and specialists in a multi-site environment. Ensures that established policies and procedures are followed. Oversees full range of products and services to members and prospective members through a variety of remote service channels. Provides leadership through effective goal setting and communication. Ensures that members are promptly and professionally served. Coaches and directs department staff. Performs various department functions as required. Works directly with branch/department peers and other business partners to address member, system, and technology needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. May perform other duties as requested or assigned.
- Directly responsible for the multi-site contact center operations through a variety of remote business channels, i.e. phones, email, chat, online membership applications, online/mobile banking, and bill pay.
- Accomplishes human resource objectives by partnering with HR/L&D for recruiting, onboarding, providing ongoing training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Conducts interviews with supervisors as needed and provides recommendations for employment and/or promotion.
- Determines appropriate staffing levels for human resources while ensuring that employees have the appropriate tools and resources to be successful.
- Promotes employee development through effective planning, verbal and written communication, and cross-training.
- Coaches employees for optimal performance.
- Mentors and provides guidance in the development and growth of supervisors and team members.
- Collaborates with supervisors and the analyst on more complex problems. Acts as an escalation resource and point of contact.
- Supports organizational objectives to act in the best interest of the credit union by coaching employees to actively identify products and services that meet the members’ needs and create a quality experience.
- Reviews individual, team, and department goal progress and conducts regular supervisor one on one coaching sessions and performance appraisals. Formulates and implements corrective actions as needed. Supports individuals with development plans and professional goals.
- Champion member feedback, effectively engaging other departments/branches and resources to support these efforts.
- Keeps the MSCC Director informed of department activities, progress toward established objectives, and of any significant concerns. Requests assistance as needed.
- Consistently act as a "champion of change" to assist team members in analyzing and understanding the benefits of change and appropriately communicate those benefits.
- Develop and maintain strong interpersonal relationships with peers throughout the organization to ensure effective communication is established and service goals are met.
- Participates in community and volunteer activities.
- Independently demonstrates problem solving skills to effectively resolve member and employee concerns and issues.
- Provides excellent service by demonstrating courtesy and personal concern for members and co‑worker’s needs and follow‑up to ensure those needs are met.
- Oversee productivity and service quality of contact center staff, analyze metrics and initiates improvements. Supports supervisors and analyst with time off requests to ensure appropriate department coverage for training and projects.
- Creates and reviews the MSCC budget. Manages and oversees expenses. Pursues cost-saving measures.
- Maintains and improves contact center operations by monitoring system performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans.
- Addresses any existing system functionality challenges including managing multiple contact center systems and seeks out process improvement and quality assurance programs; co-managing installing upgrades when necessary with other support departments.
- Initiate and assume responsibility for department director as needed.
- Stays current with technology, new products and events to provide support to the contact center team.
- Makes sound, timely decisions with limited factors while weighing member, organizational and employee needs to mitigate risk.
- Reinforce customer identification procedures and report suspicious activity according to the credit union’s Bank Secrecy Act Policy.
- Serve as a role model for staff across the organization regarding member service and professionalism.
- Review reports for measuring department metrics, performance goals, and compliance.
- Oversees department security and responsibilities during hours of operations.
- Demonstrate "escalation resolution" skills to effectively address critical member needs and concerns.
- Maintain a fun, results driven, high-performing, safe, positive, and professional work environment.
- Facilitate department, team, and one on one meetings; coaching; to communicate policies and procedures, business goals, training, organization updates, and individual/team metrics.
- Certifies that auditing procedures are effectively conducted and that deficiencies are corrected.
- Responsible for compliance with the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA), the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Anti Money Laundering Act, including monitoring for such illegal activity as it applies to this position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university plus two years of financial service and contact center experience with three years minimum supervisor/leadership experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
DIRECT REPORTS: Directly supervises Member Service Contact Center supervisors. Is responsible for the overall direction coordination, and evaluation of all department employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES: Knowledge of Contact Center operations and procedures. Knowledge of Credit Union products and services. Solid understanding of related legal and regulatory requirements. Demonstrated effective management and leadership skills to select, motivate, develop and supervise assigned personnel. Must be courteous, professional and tactful, able to converse with members in a business environment. Attentive to detail. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and members. Excellent organizational skills and strong verbal and communication skills. Ability to apply oral and interpersonal skills that develop member confidence, respect and trust in Credit Union of Colorado and develop cooperative relationships with people throughout the organization.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is typically required to sit for long periods. The employee continually is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop and reach with hands and arms. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Limited travel required to visit CU locations as needed.
Creates trust by building relationships and actively discovers the right solutions for Members and peers; understands that the credit union exists as a result of Member trust and loyalty in the organization and employees; is passionate and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external Members.
COOPERATION AND TEAMWORK
Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; works harmoniously with others; uses and understands diplomacy and tact; encourages collaboration; seeks opinions; is candid with peers; values working relationships. Readily puts in extra effort to accomplish important tasks
Understands the member’s best interest is first; demonstrates decisions which are based on creating the best possible outcome for the member; makes decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most recommendations and decisions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems creating effective solutions; is resilient and will own the solution and the problem; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
Pushes self and others to achieve the best possible results for the Member, organization and employees; proactively seeks out opportunities; raises hand, rather than waits to be asked; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; understands that it’s OK to make a mistake (fail forward).
Learns on the fly; is a relentless, versatile and an active learner; open to change; can learn new skills and knowledge; analyzes both successes and failures for opportunities to improve; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weaknesses and limits.
A cultural mindset that supports new ideas, fosters experimentation and drives continuous improvement to deliver member value.
Combines and brings forward ideas in unique ways to make connections between disparate ideas; willingness to explore different lines of thought and suggestions and try new ideas through experimentation, views situations from multiple perspectives; brainstorms multiple approaches/solutions to benefit members.
We are an EEO Employer