Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Manager Application Development
at CVS Health
This Sr. Manager of Enterprise Digital Engineering team will be tasked to lead Engineering teams that are creating a best in class consumer experience focused on identifying, prioritizing, shaping, complex enterprise initiatives in partnership with Digital Product Managers. At CVS, the digital team manages the websites, apps and messaging platforms that support each business segment, and this role must provide a digital-first perspective to help realize the business goals. This is an instrumental role in the oversight and execution of digital programs supporting several PBM Client implementations and customizations generate multi-million dollar business value to the organization and touch millions of consumers. This role has significant relationships with business stakeholders (Marketing, Operations, Formulary, Pharmacy, and other Teams) as well as digital functional teams (Product Managers, Release Train Engineers, Design and Product Owners) driving results in a matrixed environment. The leader would have Ability to frame complex problems and develop solutions that address multiple interests with minimal guidance and direction - trusted team member with considerable autonomy to shape strategic direction of offerings.
Advanced Impact and Influence skills - ability to influence and establish rapport with colleagues both senior and junior to him/her.
Exemplary leadership and management skills. Superb communication and presentation skills.
Experience working effectively with multiple other teams and driving work forward in a matrix-style organization.
Ability to align complex technical concepts with business priorities and communicate those connections to cross functional leaders to guide and influence strategic decisions
Deep external and industry expertise and the ability to introduce and shape technical approaches and practices
Ability to provide expert perspective for the implementation, quality, and operation of the most complex features, epic-level stories and contribute to the solving of cross-functional problems
Deep analytical abilities - design business plans and find insights through analytics and to make recommendations for innovation strategy and refinement.
Build and rationalize funding and resource proposals.
- 10+ years of overall IT experience
- 9+ years leading Large Scale Enterprise programs
- 5+ years of experience in Platform Modernization and Legacy system conversion
- 5+ years of experience as Solution Architect for Enterprise /Digital applications and hands on estimation experience based on high level Project scope
- 5+ years of experience with Java Development
- 3+ years of actual Agile/Scrum experience
* Deep understanding of technology frameworks and design patterns to improve the efficiency of the applications.
* Experience designing and delivering applications in mobile space utilizing services oriented architectures with demonstrable success stories.
* Experience managing mission critical applications, increasing resiliency across the solution stack and obsessively monitoring the performance of the application.
* Solid knowledge of PBM business systems, software products or hosted services used by CVS Health is desirable.
* Complete understanding of the software development lifecycle - must have participated on many projects through their complete lifecycles (user stories, TDD approach, design, development, automated deployment, CI/CD)
* Solid experience working high performing orchestration layer frameworks to scale the application.
* 5+ years in lead architect role in Fortune 500 Company, retail, healthcare, banking, or credit card industry.
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field with or equivalent experience preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.