Desert Diamond Casino & Hotel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Desert Diamond Casino & Hotel
|Starting Pay|| |
|Employment Status|| |
Under direct supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, directs the day-to-day activities of the Purchasing and Contract Administration Departments. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Makes recommendations to improve pricing, quality and service of all purchased goods and services.
* Performs hiring, training, scheduling, supervising and performance evaluations of the Purchasing Department and Uniform Room staff.
* Establishes goals and objectives of the Purchasing Department.
* Provides accurate, timely and relevant information to management in order to assist them in operational decisions and guide them toward strategic goals.
* Ensures compliance with all Tohono O’odham Gaming Enterprise policies and procedures, including Internal Controls (ICs).
* Ensures compliance with vendor licensing requirements as set forth in the State of Arizona Gaming Compact and the Tohono O’odham Gaming Ordinance.
* Prepares month-end reports for Management and the Tohono O’odham Gaming Office as required.
* Works closely with management and maintain good communications with management, Team Members, customers, and vendors.
* Assures that procurement activities are in compliance with the national Indian Gaming Commission MICS and Arizona Tribal -State Gaming Compact and the Tohono O’odham Gaming Ordinance.
* Evaluates vendors’ capability, safety and ability to comply with all state and federal requirements. Oversees vendor site inspection program for all Food and Beverage vendors.
* Provides leadership, guidance and training in the professional development of the Purchasing Department and Uniform Room staff.
* Evaluate strategies based on changing market conditions and provide guidance including both internal and external analysis.
* Maintain controls and standards to increase department efficiencies.
* Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
* Responsible for accurate day-to-day preparation and issuance of purchase orders.
* Recommends and/or selects vendors, develops alternate sources, and evaluates vendor performance.
* Writes detailed bid specifications and accepts bids. Reviews, analyzes and awards all submitted bids and proposals in accordance with established bidding/contracting policy and procedures.
* Develops, negotiates terms and long term contracts, and, in coordination with the General Counsel, approves procurement contracts with suppliers. Negotiates pricing and prepares and authorizes stocking agreements for volume purchases
* Attends and participates in purchase confirmation meetings as required.
* Acts as a liaison in dealings between vendors and user departments when necessary.
* Ensures timely and cost efficient purchase and delivery of all vendor goods.
* Resolves order problems, such as damaged items, recalls, etc.
* Recommends major purchases of materials based on anticipated changes in price or unusual availability situations.
* Responsible for annual standing orders and maintenance contacts.
* Maintains department records to include price histories to provide information on price variances.
* Maintains the status of delivery of orders.
* Adheres to the approved vendor lists.
* Oversees administration and tracking of the Enterprise executed Contacts and Agreements
* Oversees the day to day operation of the Enterprise’s Uniform Rooms to ensure on brand appearance of all Enterprise uniformed Team Members, inclusive of garment selection and price negotiations.
* Oversees and maintains vendor compliance with the Nations Transaction Privilege Tax and the Tribal Employment Rights Ordinance (TERO) as it relates to vendors of goods and services procured by the Enterprise and construction related activities.
* Oversees the vendor insurance program to ensure all vendors are in compliance with the established insurance requirements.
* Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field (Master’s Degree Preferred).Ten years of purchasing experience in a large casino environment; five of which must have been in a Purchasing Director capacity;or equivalent combination of experience and education. Gaming industry experience required. Experience in a multi-location environment or large commercial casino environment preferred. Strong communication and presentation skills. No felony, theft or stealing convictions. Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license; and to include the following:
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
* Knowledge of the principles and practices of management in purchasing, receiving and inventory and business administration.
* Knowledge of the standards, policies, practices, and procedures in a casino purchasing environment.
* Knowledge of the development, preparation, and control of budgets.
* Knowledge of managerial and analysis techniques and reporting procedures.
* Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
* Ability to communicate effectively in the English language both verbally and in writing with staff and the general public.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to analyze situations and adopt appropriate courses of action.
* Ability to work independently and meet strict time lines.
* Ability to make solid decisions and exercise independent judgment.
* Ability to be persuasive and tactful in controversial situations.
* Ability to demonstrate excellence in everything, and continually seek improvement in results.
* Ability to interpret applicable federal, state, county, and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
* Skill in operating business computers and office machines, including working in a Windows environment, specifically Word, Excel, Access, presentation software (such as PowerPoint), and PC-based computerized accounting software.
* Skill in preparing, reviewing, and analyzing operational and financial reports.
* Skill in providing leadership to, supervising, training, and evaluating assigned staff.
* Skill in analyzing problems, projecting consequences, identifying solutions, and implementing recommendations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee occasionally is required to stand; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work is generally performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level. Some work is performed in a Casino setting with exposure to second-hand smoke and a moderate noise level. Evening, graveyard, holiday and/or weekend work may be required. Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required.