DEKA Research & Development Corp
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Test Manager - Verification & Validation
at DEKA Research & Development Corp
Housed in the largest industrial complex of its time, the historic Amoskeag Millyard, DEKA employs a team of over five hundred professionals, whose engineering, design, manufacturing and quality expertise make DEKA a hot spot for creating innovative solutions and advanced technologies. Located about an hour from Boston, the beach, and the mountains, DEKA is one of the leading research and development companies in the country and is the birthplace of some of the most innovative and life-changing products of our time.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Test Manager to work in a dynamic Medical Device R&D environment. This unique opportunity has high visibility within the company and plays a vital role in the success of our products. This is a great opportunity to utilize your solid technical capabilities and leadership skills to guide a Design Verification team for products that truly make a difference. Interested? We'd love to hear from you.
How will you make an impact?
- Lead and mentor a team of Test Engineers and Technicians to build comprehensive test suites to verify functionality of breakthrough medical products
- Partner with Project Managers, System Engineers, and other technical leads to plan and execute on project goals
- Develop robust test plans, strategies, and reports
- Help define product requirements to ensure products are complete and testable
- Assess test impacts for design changes and approve design changes
- Participate and contribute towards Regulatory and Agency submissions
What do you need?
- BS degree in Physics, Electrical, Mechanical, and/or Biomedical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of Test Engineering experience in an R&D environment for an electrical-mechanical device (medical preferred)
- The capability to create and clearly explain team objectives and write procedures for others to follow
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve with a deep understanding of engineering fundamentals
- The knack for motivating a team and ability to estimate team effort and create predictable schedules
- Broad measurement instrument knowledge and experience with data analysis
- Knowledge of FDA's Quality System Regulations (QSR's) and/or ISO 13485 preferred