Discover Goodwill of Southern and Western Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Center Assistant Manager - Grand Junction (630 24 1/2 Road)
at Discover Goodwill of Southern and Western Colorado
Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado is seeking an experienced, high-energy, Assistant Manager for our Retail Center in Grand Junction.
Pay: $37,440 to $45,000 Depending on Experience
Manage the daily operations of a Retail Center, in an assistant role. Acts as Retail Center Manager in the manager’s absence.
Retail Center Assistant Manager
Supervisory experience in retail, restaurant, hospitality or similar industries is required for this position. Must have significant customer service, financial/monetary, production/inventory, and staff management experience.
Discover Goodwill of Southern and Western Colorado has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual who is seeking a position that offers tremendous job satisfaction in a work environment that encourages entrepreneurial activity and continuous improvement working with a top-notch retail team that is tremendously excited about the present and future of our Goodwill.
Discover Goodwill Retail Centers are vital part to the success of Discover Goodwill’s mission and programs. Each Retail Center is responsible for meeting financial goals to generate the income and donations necessary to support the mission operations and community programs provided by Discover Goodwill. Assistant Managers must be empowering leaders who not only have the ability to operate and manage several diverse departments within the retail center but also have the ability to inspire and develop their staff. Assistant Managers must be hands-on professionals who take an active role by “rolling up their sleeves” to achieve success.
Assistant Managers will be held accountable for their performance and along with their Retail Center Manager will be held accountable for the performance of their retail center. An Assistant Manager must have the ability to accomplish profitability through managing daily operations such as merchandising, donation collection, loss prevention, point-of-sale systems, product quality control, product ‘sweet-spot’ pricing, build community rapport and customer relations with an ‘Attitude of Gratitude’, and empower staff and employees to create and accomplish both professional and personal goals. In addition, the Assistant Manager will support the Retail Center Manager’s responsibilities for budgeting, financial reporting and profit & loss.
Discover Goodwill’s Retail Centers are more than just a standard retail store. Goodwill retail centers must successfully collect donations, produce products/merchandise from those donations, manage waste, recycling, warehousing, and merchandising of donated products, price competitively and provide excellent customer service to achieve optimal performance.
Working with a team of retail professionals, you will help ensure we make the best use of our resources to help achieve our mission of helping people within our community reach their highest level of personal and economic potential. Assistant Managers will be team players who can manage change while motivating and inspiring others. It is imperative that you have a combination of business savvy, technical ability, and strong people skills. Success of Discover Goodwill’s Mission depends on you!
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Work closely with the Retail Center Manager to achieve goals and objectives and to increase sales and donations.
- Recommend changes to operational procedures in order to achieve maximized expense to revenue ratios.
- Promote safety to all employees ensuring that your store adheres to OSHA and CARF (Goodwill’s Program Accreditation) standards. May be the Safety Representative for the store on the Ops & Sales Safety Sub-committee.
- Maintain a functional awareness of competition and retail trends, being able to suggest appropriate courses of action.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the Point-Of-Sale System.
- Empower, lead, and manage retail center staff; ensuring safety, productivity and success.
- Oversee daily operations of all Retail Center functional areas to include: sales floor, store front, donation center, production areas, moving product internally and storage facilities.
- Directly responsible for the hiring, performance management, employee goal setting and recommendations toward termination related to the employees in at least one department.
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and adhere to Goodwill policies, the Employee Handbook, safety standards and all numbered/supplemental memorandums.
Partner with the Retail Center Manager to conduct meetings for employee training, awareness and knowledge transfer.
- At least 2 years supervising retail operations (or similar) with experience of being held accountable and responsible for the success of the business, operations and financial results of a function or department.
- Organizational skills to manage multiple projects, people and retail center functions.
- The ability to work within a deadline-pressured environment.
Ability to work varied schedules to include weekdays, weekends, evenings, and holidays. In coordination with the Retail Store Manager must be able to work any hours necessary to provide complete store coverage and supervision.
- An understanding of marketing and retail principles.
- An understanding of production processes and environment, to include deadlines, quality control, working in a quick and efficient manner and empowering staff to produce product timely
- The ability to create, review and understand statistical information to increase the success of the retail center.
- The ability to understand, analyze and scrutinize financial statements.
- Must possess the ability to adapt, adjust and mold to changing circumstances.
- The ability to make difficult choices and be accountable for overall retail center performance.
- To train, develop and recognize talent and leadership.
- Empower your team to manage and lead their departments or functional areas.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to communicate upwards, downwards and lateral in an effective manner.
- An interest and empathy for people with disabilities and disadvantages.
This position will be subject to a criminal background screen and a pre-employment Drug/Alcohol test.
Discover Goodwill of Southern & Western Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to employing qualified individuals including those with disabilities and/or protected veterans without regards to discrimination.
To promote a Safe & Drug-free Workplace, a pre-employment screening may be conducted. Candidates may be disqualified for criminal history regarding drug use or sale, financial fraud, identity theft, abuse, violence, and/or theft.
Discover Goodwill participates in E-Verify. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS: 888-897-7781 or www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Attachment to Job Description
Position: Retail Center Assistant Manager
LIFTING: (as defined by ADA)
Heavy: 45 lbs & over
Moderate: 15-44 lbs
Light: 14 lbs & under
Heavy: 45 lbs & over
Moderate: 15-44 lbs
Light: 14 lbs & under
CLIMBING, use of legs only (stairs)
CLIMBING, use of arms & legs (ladders)
Visual – close
Visual – distant
Visual - depth perception
OTHER: Please describe: