EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Prototype Build Manager
at EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Research & Development
ABOUT THE POSITION
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC, is searching for a Prototype Manager to join the R&D team at our Northern California Facility. As a hands-on leader that thrives in an agile, rapid prototype environment, you are a key contributor in the prototyping of mission critical lithium ion battery systems and power products used for lasers, aircraft, satellites, and more. You will work with industry leaders within the company as well as at our customers who include Lockheed Martin, NOAA, Lawrence Livermore Labs, Government Agencies, and Fortune 500 companies around the world. To apply you must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in engineering and be a US Citizen.
As the Prototype Build Manager, you will take a hands-on approach to the leadership and operations of the prototype shop and technician workforce. Key responsibilities include:
- Participate hand on building prototypes and small volume battery and power electronic systems.
- Leading, growing and developing the team that develops the processes and builds our systems.
- Drive new process and manufacturing methods for prototype battery and electronics systems.
- Specifying, procuring and implementing new equipment and capital projects to support prototyping/testing operations.
- Provide a link from the R&D team to manufacturing sites for factory transfer builds and product issues
- Spearhead safety and operational improvements to ensure safety and efficiency of workforce.
- Proven track record building complex electromechanical systems in a R&D or rapid prototype environment.
- Experience as a project or personnel leader in a fast paced environment directing daily activities of technicians or cross functional team members.
- Intuitive grasp of fundamentals incl. basic circuits, thermal and mechanical engineering
- Hands-on experience with a variety of shop tools such as: hand operated power tools, soldering irons/stations, mills, welders, oscilloscopes, leak testers, multimeters, and power supplies.
- Experience in shop operations, including but not limited to, workload prioritization, build documentation, status tracking, inventory management, budgeting and project & resource planning to schedule
- Experience following and/or implementing critical safety measures in a rapid prototyping environment.
- Manufacturing engineering experience with proficiency in process driven and analytical approaches to problem solving (Six Sigma, FMEA, etc.)
- Strong problem solver, well organized, detail oriented and with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical discipline
- US Citizen
PRIORITY CANDIDATES: EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 6+ years hands-on experience prototyping, R&D or new product development (in an electromechanical product environment), with experience leading projects or personnel.
- Supplier management and quality systems implementation
- Knowledge of battery pack assembly techniques (including Laser Welding processes) strongly desired
- Experience with battery management systems, high voltage/high power testing
- Knowledge of industrial robotics, computer vision, and automated manufacturing
ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS
- Ongoing education such as conferences, workshops, and books/subscriptions
- Onsite lunch, snacks, ping pong, and foosball
- Competitive benefits, matching 401k and Tuition reimbursement
EaglePicher's R&D site in California provides agile, rapid prototyping and proven turnkey solutions for lithium ion battery management, pack integration, safety and power conversion technology. As a turnkey integrator, we source the best cells from around the world and package them in enclosures with our management electronics. No project is too small or too large — we build energy storage systems that range in size from two cells up to thousands of cells. EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.