EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Engineering Project Manager
at EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
Are you passionate about your work and want to make a hands on difference? Come build cutting edge hybrid lithium ion battery systems that are being used to power the next generation of spacecraft, jets, and ships. To apply you must have a Bachelors or Masters Degree in engineering or equivalent experience in complex system based products, be experienced or interested in battery management systems, and be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
As we continue to grow, we are seeking an Engineering Project Manager that is a sharp engineer who thrives on project management and still enjoys doing engineering in some fashion. As a Senior Engineering Project Manager here at our rapid prototyping and R&D facility, you will join the R&D team and be a key contributor in hands on prototyping and design of lithium ion battery systems and power electronics used for lasers, thrust vectoring, robotics, and more. You will work with industry leaders within the company as well as at our customers who include NASA, General Electric, JPL, BAE, Lockheed Martin, NOAA, Lawrence Livermore Labs, and Fortune 500 companies around the world.
Your core responsibilities will be technical project and program management, along with hands on prototype fabrication and engineering design of battery management systems. You will be responsible for project management involving high power/high voltage design, prototype and testing of battery systems using solid-state load and power supplies. You will serve as senior project management adviser to management, mentor other project engineers, lead monthly program reviews and work in accordance with established EH&S requirements and take actions in accordance to correct unsafe conditions as identified. Other responsibilities include:
- Establishing and defining clear product requirements
- Prototype/first article build documentation, tracking and issue resolution
- Developing and implementing best practices for change control, BOM management, and issue tracking
- Serve as primary point of contact and interface with customers
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- BS or MS Engineering Degree with a technical background (electrical, mechanical, systems, mechatronics, or embedded control) in complex system based products
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident required due to contractual requirements
- Minimum 8 years of overall engineering experience and 3 years of recent project leadership of any sufficiently complex system based products
- Applied technical engineering experience in a system based product
- Highly driven personality with an ability to motivate engineering and operations teams, as well ‘influence management’ skills. Conflict resolution experience is helpful.
- Ability to understand macro level objectives and priorities while driving detailed level actions
- Experience in prototyping or R&D environments
- Passion for hands on prototyping with intuitive grasp of fundamentals including basic circuits, mechanical engineering
- Proficient in developing cost and schedule framework for projects
- Ability to function as program / project leader on one or more projects while maintaining multiple overall project schedules
- Strong problem solver, exceptionally well organized and detail oriented
- Proven excellence in effective communication, interactive and presentation skills
- Project leadership experience in a Department of Defense (DoD), BMS or Aerospace environment
- Advanced knowledge of business concepts and principles associated with project cost and forecasting (prefer to include Earned Value Management System)
- Battery management systems, high voltage/high power testing and safety, helpful
- Certification in Program Management highly preferred (i.e. PMP or DAU level 3), is helpful
- In addition to engineering degree, Business degree, Master's or equivalent experience is highly preferred
- Experience preparing proposals is helpful
ENVIRONMENT AND BENEFITS
- Flexible schedule
- Ongoing education such as conferences, workshops, and books/subscriptions
- Onsite meals, snacks, ping pong, and foosball
- Competitive benefits, matching 401k and Tuition reimbursement
EaglePicher Technologies, LLC is a leading producer of batteries and energetic devices for the defense, aerospace, medical, commercial, oil, and gas industries. The company provides the most experience and broadest capability in battery electrochemistry of any battery supplier in the United States.
EaglePicher Lithiumstart, located in the San Francisco Bay Area, provides agile rapid prototyping and proven turnkey solutions for lithium ion battery management, pack integration, safety and power conversion technology. Lithiumstart serves as EaglePicher’s R&D Electronics Center of Excellence (COE), and its highly complementary technologies are used across EaglePicher's broad suite of existing products, providing additional capabilities and customer value add. As a turnkey integrator, we source the best cells from around the world and package them in enclosures with management electronics. No project is too small or too large for Lithiumstart - we build energy storage systems that range in size from two cells up to tens of thousands of cells.
EaglePicher Technologies LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.