Envoy Air Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Manager AQP
at Envoy Air Inc.
Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group. With more than 16,000 employees, Envoy is the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. Flying under the American Eagle brand and livery, Envoy provides ground handling services for many American Airlines flights. The Company was founded in 1998 as American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and in 2014, changed its name to Envoy Air Inc. Envoy is headquartered within the Dallas metropolitan area in Irving, TX with large operations in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles. At Envoy, we go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go - whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. Are you ready for take-off?
The Program Manager, Advanced Qualifications Program (AQP) reports to the Managing Director of Air Ops Training. In this role, the Program Manager administers and has oversight for the the Advanced Qualification Program (AQP) pilot training data and curriculum.
- Coordinates with other training managers to organize, develop and write flight programs and materials for pilot training.
- Analyzes AQP data continuously to adjust training lesson plans to ensure pilot proficiency.
- Helps to ensure standardization of Ground Instructors and ground syllabi.
- Monitors class critiques, PassFail reports and Training reports for the purpose of achieving continuous improvements to Ground School and Simulator Training Programs.
- Maintains existing curriculum and syllabi for aircraft operated by Envoy. Responsible for ensuring training program accuracy.
- Develops all supporting documentation necessary to conduct simulator and aircraft training.
- Monitors changes in FAA regulations to ensure compliance and updating of training and checking programs, as necessary.
- Ensures company compliance during various audits with respect to pilot training.
- Establishes and modifies policies for the training of flight crewmembers as assigned by the Managing Director of Air Ops Training.
- Assigns additional and/or remedial training for those pilots attending ground and/or flight training.
- Provides pilot crewmember training status updates and recommendations to the Managing Director of Air Ops Training.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Commercial pilot license; must possess Air Transport Certificate with extensive experience on pilot training and training development
- Knowledge and experience on large aircraft systems and airline flight operations
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Experience in technical writing and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Possess the legal right to work in the United States
- Previous training experience desired
- Previous line experience as a flight crewmember for Envoy is desired
- High level of professionalism and composure
- Profound attention to detail, independent judgment and decision making
Additional Position Details
- Candidates must fulfill a fingerprint based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
- Candidates must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, in addition to clearing other airport related requirements, if applicable.
- This position may be subject to the Department of Transportation (DOT). Federal law requires Envoy to determine a candidate’s history with the DOT drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position.