Envoy Air Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor, Airport Services
at Envoy Air Inc.
Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group. With more than 16,000 employees, Envoy is the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. Flying under the American Eagle brand and livery, Envoy provides ground handling services for many American Airlines flights. The Company was founded in 1998 as American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and in 2014, changed its name to Envoy Air Inc. Envoy is headquartered within the Dallas metropolitan area in Irving, TX with large operations in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles. At Envoy, we go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go - whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. Are you ready for take-off?
The Supervisor - Airport Services coordinates the day-to-day station operations by leading and organizing the activities of Agents/Clerks to ensure a safe working environment and on-time dependability.
- Supports the Manager in meeting operational performance targets and monitoring the station operation budget
- Confers and cooperates with the Manager in formulating administrative/operational policies and procedures to be implemented.
- Reviews and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency within the operation.
- Maintains overall station compliance as well as compliance of personnel with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules and any Company or government regulations.
- Investigates and resolves customer service issues as well as operation issues.
- Participates on operational conference calls, station audits and prepares various reports.
- Coordinates activities with local airport management, community, regulatory agencies, and other stations or headquarters staff.
- Maintains records such as time and attendance, personnel files and performance.
By working as a leader in a team environment, the Supervisor will provide guidance to the team on performance issues as well as coach and counsel employees. As necessary, the Supervisor will work in the operation during peak or irregular periods.
Must be able to perform all duties under sometimes stressful conditions beyond the employee's control while attempting to influence a favorable impression of American Eagle, American Airlines or any other contracted airline service provided by Envoy. Must be able to work with minimal supervision, report to work regularly and on-time, and be self-motivated. In this role, strong organizational, decision-making and interpersonal skills are necessary. Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business is critical.
- Minimum Age: 18
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid state driver’s license
- Previous work experience in an airline or airport capacity such as sales and operational phases of an airline, ground handling or airport management
- Proven leadership and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple and often competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Willing and able to work non-standard work schedules when necessary due to changing or unplanned operational needs
- Possess the legal right to work in the United States
- Must be able to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- College coursework or college degree desirable
- Previous working experience in a team lead, supervisory or managerial role
- Minimum one year customer service experience
Additional Position Details
- Candidates must fulfill a fingerprint based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
- Candidates must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, in addition to clearing other airport related requirements, if applicable.
- This position may be subject to the Department of Transportation (DOT). Federal law requires Envoy to determine a candidate’s history with the DOT drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position.
Envoy Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.