Envoy Air Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor, Maintenance (Tower)
at Envoy Air Inc.
Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group. With more than 16,000 employees, Envoy is the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. Flying under the American Eagle brand and livery, Envoy provides ground handling services for many American Airlines flights. The Company was founded in 1998 as American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and in 2014, changed its name to Envoy Air Inc. Envoy is headquartered within the Dallas metropolitan area in Irving, TX with large operations in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles. At Envoy, we go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go - whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. Are you ready for take-off?
The Supervisor, Maintenance Tower Operations is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and controlling maintenance operations in the tower including communication to Crew Chiefs and Maintenance Supervisors. Monitor daily scheduled maintenance items to make sure tasks are accomplished prior to the last departure of flight out of the station. Review and assist the Operation with coding delays. Provide detailed information to the Hub Operations so necessary business decisions can be made in regards to delays. Remain aware of all aircraft going to the hangar in order to minimize the taxi time. Ensure activities are accomplished in accordance with Company policies, FAR's, Company and OEM maintenance programs and other governmental regulations. Provide support to Crew Chiefs and Mechanics as needed.
In this role, the Supervisor must have attention to detail and troubleshoot effectively. The ability to prioritize tasks and work collaboratively across function departments is critical.
- Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) license
- High School Diploma
- Minimum experience of two (2) years in aircraft maintenance
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a supervisory capacity
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Federal Air Regulations (FAR’s)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Possess the legal right to work in the United States
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- College degree or equivalent amount of work experience
- Experience creating and maintaining departmental budgets
- Working knowledge of labor contracts
Additional Position Details
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, in addition to clearing other airport related requirements, if applicable
- Federal law requires Envoy to determine an applicant's history of Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position
Envoy Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.