ExecuTech Strategic Consulting
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Configuration Management System Engineer
at ExecuTech Strategic Consulting
Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is seeking a Configuration Management System Engineer to support our United States Strategic Command Systems Engineering & Integration (USSTRATCOM SE&I) customer. Our customer supports the principal enterprise systems engineering, enterprise architecture, cyber resilience, and technical authority for the Nuclear C3 Enterprise (NEC) within DoD and oversee systems engineering and integration for the entire nuclear C3 Enterprise. The CM Systems Engineering (SE) position will be an integral element of JSEIO conducting planning, analysis, designing, governance/execution/implementation, and monitor/control phases to produce mature a CM process and framework.
Work performed at Ft Meade, MD (DISA Headquarters). Active Final Top Secret required/SCI preferred. Teleworking authorized during COVID-19 customer building restrictions.
As a Configuration Management System Engineer, you will be performing the following responsibilities:
- Identify the systems and their evolutionary schedules that comprise National Leadership Command Capability (NLCC) and define the Configuration Items (CIs) at the NLCC functional level.
- Develop recommendations for the overall implementation strategy, management and execution processes and configuration management tools to fulfill its responsibilities as defined in Department of “Defense Instruction (DoDI) 3741.01, NLCC and NMCS Configuration Management (CM)”.
- Adhere to DoD standard architecture development methodologies and maintain the NLCC baseline system configuration data repository
- Develop a CM process to collect and manage configuration changes of NLCC configuration items and raise issues through the NLCC Executive Management Board (EMB) structure as required.
- The position will support efforts to develop a CM program that ensures the NLCC can meet and maintain its capability architectural goals through “system-of-systems” capability synchronization.
- Efforts will develop and/or mature the NLCC CM Plan, Process, and Execution as well as maintain the NLCC Baseline Configuration Items, and NLCC Information Repository/Enterprise Model.
- Demonstrated experience applying CM principles to analyze CM requirements and develop CM processes within a “system-of-systems” infrastructure context under modern architecture development, collaborative/capability services, and incremental acquisition development constructs.
- Experience with NLCC infrastructure programs or similar large, diverse capability infrastructure(s).
- Familiarity with CM aspects of the Department of Defense (DOD) acquisition processes for systems, software, and hardware under the DOD Architecture Foundation (DODAF).
- Experience and/or familiarity with configuration management standards.
- Understand CM / SE process for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life.
- Familiarization with Department of Defense Instruction (DoDI) 3741.01 and DoD Military Handbook Configuration Management Guidance.
- Knowledge of nuclear C3 systems and operational / analytical experience in nuclear/strategic systems. Demonstrated knowledge and experience regarding Nuclear C3 requirements, operations, and procedures with a proven ability to prepare Nuclear C3-related analysis, documentation, and reports.
- Ability to engage users such as OSD, the Joint Staff, the Services, combatant commands, and Department of Defense agencies, for the purpose of collection and verification of Nuclear C3 systems data.
- Conduct system-of-systems analysis of secure/non-secure and survivable Nuclear C3 communications solutions.
- Research, verify, and document existing data on current component systems, networks and equipment, as well as research and document information on new or emerging capabilities that pertain to Nuclear C3.
- Understand corresponding operations of nuclear capable platforms, nodes/command centers, and related nuclear message release procedures.
Education and Years of Experience:
Technical Engineering Degree; Master of Science or higher preferred.
10-12 years of experience with supporting complex, large DoD communications “system-of-systems” configuration management portfolios.
Clearance: Top Secret/Special Compartmented Information eligible
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting, LLC (ExecuTech), headquartered in Woodbridge, VA is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, dedicated to delivering innovative and visionary information technology products and services throughout the United States. Our executive team each has an average of over 25 years of superior information technology leadership and experience at the National Intelligence Agencies, DoD and other Federal government departments. ExecuTech is expertly staffed with fully cleared, certified and devoted professionals who are fulfilled by their work and recognized by our customers and partners as adding extreme value in the design, deployment and support of innovative and cost-effective technology solutions.
ExecuTech combines its wealth of information technology leadership and experience together with world-class and emerging technology to operate, manage, and engineer existing and future IT infrastructures. Our main areas of expertise include information assurance and cyber security, enterprise systems and network management, architectures and engineering, systems development and integration, CIO and program/ project management, technology distribution, and cross domain solutions. ExecuTech has established tools, technologies, and techniques that support operational requirements for achieving collaboration while maintaining high assurance in the evaluation, deployment, certification and accreditation, and management of enterprise enabled cross domain solutions. Additionally, ExecuTech is nationally recognized in the areas of cyber security, cryptographic modernization, and engineering.
ExecuTech strives to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction, as well as rewarding careers for our employees, who are hardworking, enthusiastic, and dedicated to superior performance. We encourage you to find out more about the company at www.esc-techsolutions.com.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear, use hands to keyboard and write. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ExecuTech Strategic Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.