Extra Space Storage
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Extra Space Storage
We are a leader in our industry and in order to maintain this lead, we need extraordinarily motivated, capable, and driven people like you. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as an excellent place to work.
Since 2016, we have been a part of the S&P 500 and lead the self-storage industry in more ways than one. In 2018, we were a recipient of one of the Best Places to Work according to Glassdoor.
"Our people are the lifeblood of Extra Space." -Joe Margolis, CEO, Extra
We are currently looking for a Safety Manager at our corporate offices in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops safety policies and procedures across the company
- Implements projects to mitigate losses in tenant insurance program
- Provides interactive safety and loss control training with employees at all levels
- Work across divisions and levels of management to ensure company policies and cost controls are implemented appropriately
- Coordinate and respond to safety concerns from government agencies (including OSHA), insurance companies, and employees
- Measure effectiveness of controls implemented to correct unsafe conditions and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place accidents and injuries.
- Other duties as needed
Education and/or Experience:
- Ability to analyze large data sets to help make decisions and mitigate losses in high risk areas.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years of experience in a safety position or related area
- Familiar with OSHA, NIOSH regulations and requirements for general industry.
If you possess these talents and skills, and a dynamic, growing organization sounds right for you, PLEASE APPLY. We would love to consider you and look forward to reviewing your application.
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide you the following benefits and more:
- Well-defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every single day and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.