Fairbanks North Star Borough School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Director of Facilities Maintenance
at Fairbanks North Star Borough School District
Job Reference #: 7333
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - Executive/Senior (C-Level, VP), Construction/Trades
Openings as of 3/19/2019
- Executive Director of Facilities Maintenance JobID: 7333
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Facilities Management Department
- Date Available:
June 1, 2019 - Negotiable
- Closing Date:
First Review Date: 2/5 Note: Unless otherwise stated, all vacancies with a specific closing date close at 9:00 PM Alaska time.
- Five (5) years of experience in the areas of custodial services, grounds, and/or maintenance including at least two years of experience performing or overseeing skilled work in a maintenance trade area (carpentry, electrical work, HVAC repair, locksmith work, painting, plumbing, etc.). At least two (2) years of experience must have been in a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of methods, materials and equipment used in the various building construction and maintenance trades, custodial, grounds and vehicle and equipment maintenance areas; principles and practices in maintenance management; supervision and training, safety regulations and codes and safe work practices; budget development and fiscal management.
- Skill in the administration of a large, complex organization.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; demonstrate tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
- Ability to supervise, plan, coordinate, schedule, and participate in the maintenance, custodial and grounds keeping operations of the school district; prepare long-range construction and alteration plans and goals; use of personal computers and software programs; establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Experience in a school district environment.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Familiarity with the current ESSA negotiated agreement.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume along with their application by midnight on Monday, February 4, 2019.
This is a non-union permanent position and is part of the state of Alaska retirement system.
Salary: $90,821 - $120,956 DOE
Work Day: 8 hours per day
Work year: 12 months
Responsible for the overall supervision and coordination of maintenance, grounds, custodial, and facilities planning in all district buildings and system wide operations. Under the direction of the chief operations officer, plans, organizes, directs, schedules, and participates in the maintenance and operations of school district facilities including the custodial, grounds keeping, all utilities, and general maintenance operations of district- occupied facilities. Is also responsible for short and long range facilities planning including major maintenance, capital construction, and preparation of the district’s capital improvement plan.
The following are required:
The following are preferred: