Fairbanks North Star Borough School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Director of Special Education
at Fairbanks North Star Borough School District
Openings as of 3/20/2019
- Executive Director of Special Education JobID: 7339
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Administration Center-Special Education
- Date Available:
June 3, 2019
- Closing Date:
First Review Date: 2/25 Note: Unless otherwise stated, all vacancies with a specific closing date close at 9:00 PM Alaska time.
- 24 or 30 days of annual leave (with flexible vacation time) per year accruing up to 60 days with cash out provisions;
- 16 days sick leave per year;
- 12 holidays;
- health, dental, vision, disability;
- State of Alaska Type A Teaching Certificate with a special education endorsement OR a Type C Special Services Certificate in a relevant area AND a State of Alaska Type B Administrative Certificate.
- At least five (5) years of successful special education teaching or special services experience.
- At least three (3) years of successful special education administrative experience or the equivalent.
- Must have substantial experience in developing strategies and general preparation for due process hearings.
- Must have experience in the mediation/resolution process.
- Expert knowledge of state and federal of special education regulations.
- Familiarity in working with budgets.
- Skill in supervising staff of various levels.
- Skill in mediation, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- High quality written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Computer skills to include knowledge of email programs, online calendars, internet and software applicable to the job.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and organization to special education programs and personnel.
- Global understanding of special education as it relates to all phases of general education.
- Ability to work effectively with many groups of people (parents, staff, administrators, agency personnel).
To ensure consideration, applicants must an application, cover letter, résumé and a copy of a valid State of Alaska Teaching and Administrative Certificate by midnight on Sunday, February 24, 2019.
This position is responsible for directing the district’s special education program and coordinating the activities of all special education personnel.
Salary: $90,821 - $120,956 DOE
Work Day: 8 hours per day
Work Year: 12 months
This position offers an excellent benefit package including:
The following are required: