Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Conference Services Manager
at Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Senior Conference Services Manager
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our engaging service and delicious cuisine make every special event a truly memorable affair, both within our distinctive surroundings and off-site. Be an ambassador for our exceptional offerings as Conference Services Manager, where you will liaise between multiple departments to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of your clients.
Hotel Overview: Picture a shimmering oasis overlooking the Sonoran Desert and the McDowell mountains - Fairmont Scottsdale Princess offers luxury and world class hospitality with over 200,000 square feet of meeting space. This award-winning meetings resort has 750 guest rooms, five award-winning restaurants, six sparkling heated pools, and a luxurious Well & Being Spa. The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess was recently recognized with the AAA Five Diamond rating for its 28th year, making it one of the longest running AAA Five Diamond Resorts in the America's. The only thing missing is you!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Conference Services, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Organize convention booking files from date of departure, and maintain accurate activities within files consistently.
- Obtain/confirm all event-related information (to include, but not limited to meeting specifications, audio visual, rooming lists, technical needs, exhibit needs, food and beverage requirements, etc) with client, organize/distribute group resumes, conference agendas, event orders, floorplans, etc to all operating partners accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Drive function space optimization/maximization, to ensure best utilization of space for guest experience and financial performance of department.
- Yield sleeping room block and function space, ensuring optimization of financial return/performance.
- Initiate/follow up on billing procedures, ensuring deposits and/or credit applications are received within acceptable timeframes.
- Conduct pre-conference/event meetings with clients and pertinent departments to confirm all relevant details are communicated.
- Ensure guest/group experience while onsite, through personal interaction and attendance at functions throughout the stay. Must be flexible to accommodate irregular and/or extended hours.
- Conduct any/all site inspections as required. Able to handle inquiries.
- Attend necessary meetings within hotel that affect/are affected by the Catering, Conference Services &/or Events department.
- Establish and maintain rapport with clients, prior to, during and post conference, exceeding their expectations and encouraging repeat business.
- Play active role in local community through associations, memberships and involvement. Be an ambassador of the hotel within the local community.
- Additional responsibilities, as outlined by Director or Assistant Director.
- 3-5 years Previous Conference Services & Leadership experience within luxury resort market and similar role, required.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and relevant computer applications required (Micros Opera S&C, and Meeting Matrix preferred).
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required.
- Strong leadership, excellent interpersonal skills, and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible, reliable and ethical. A reputation for honesty and integrity.
- Results oriented and highly motivated self-starter.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Possess and/or obtain CMP/CPCE certification within three years.
- Ability to work days, nights and weekend; when necessary.
- Adhere to Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Grooming Guidelines. Click here to view: http://www.scottsdaleprincess.com/career-opportunities
Visa Requirements: Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you are launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. Our Sustainability Partnership program represents our ever-expanding commitment to being a responsible business and to following the principles of sustainability across our operations, the world over. An exciting future awaits!
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. F/M/D/V