First International Bank & Trust
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Banking Supervisor
at First International Bank & Trust
Retail Banking Supervisor
|PT/FT/Temporary :||Full Time |
Position Summary: Provides leadership and direction to Retail Operations Supervisor and staff responsible for deposit and loan sales and service production in assigned market. Responsible for protecting bank assets by training, coaching and inspecting all retail loans and deposits. Also responsible for monitoring Retail Operations Supervisor and staff’s adherence to FIB&T sound policies, procedures and legal requirements. Manages and controls a pipeline of consumer loans to ensure products and services are delivered professionally and efficiently and that customer concerns are resolved promptly. Works collaboratively with market and branch management to ensure established consumer lending and deposit market goals are met or exceeded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following along with other assigned duties.
- Works together with Retail Banking Manager, Market President and Branch Managers to establish, communicate, and drive toward meeting or exceeding retail goals.
- Recognize and recommend ways to increase revenue opportunities for the assigned region through fee based products and other product/service recommendations.
- Champion the Universal Banker concept supported by communication, training, coaching and clearly defining expectations for all affected staff
- Train and develop proficient lender and deposit sales and service teams
- Set and develop cross-sell goals of additional products and services
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of the Bank’s deposit and loan products and services.
- Manages retail loan and deposit quality to expected standards.
- Ability to analyze credits and make sound underwriting decisions
- Manage and oversee market past dues and proactively recognize and address negative trends
- Participates in the Deposit and Loan Review Committees as appropriate.
- Monitors changes in the loan and deposit pipeline and recommend necessary staff adjustments necessary to ensure sufficient coverage.
- Remains cognizant of and adheres to Bank’s policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
- Works to meet bank defined strategies of the local market and overall organization
- Works to meet the retail loan and deposit needs of the customer
- Ensures Bank remains competitive by doing regular comparative loan and deposit analysis
- Offers ideas and recommendations for new market products
- Coach and train loan and deposit policies, systems and best practices in support of consistency
- Remains fully informed on recent changes to regulations and policy updates and procedures
- Develops and provides documentation materials relating to the policy and procedure manual
- Interacts and builds internal relationships with all functions across the Bank to include Trust, Mortgage, Insurance and Investment teams that lead to referrals from and to Retail Bankers
- Provides training and development opportunities for the loan and deposit staff to meet goals and further enhance employee improvement/enrichment
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, internal controls, and regulations.
- Responsible for confidentiality including protection of sensitive information and its integrity in compliance with First International Bank & Trust information security and departmental policies, standards and procedures. Responsible for reporting events including suspicious activity as well as cooperating with all investigations.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises the assigned region Retail Operations Supervisor as well as Personal Banker III and Universal Banker positions. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree or 5 years prior banking related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.