First Republic Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Desktop Engineering
at First Republic Bank
- Job Locations
- US-NY-New York
- Information Services
The Director of Desktop Engineering is a leadership position responsible for managing the end-to-end life cycle of all end-user systems for the enterprise. The successful candidate will lead a large team of engineers with representation on both coasts as well as an off-shore engagement, delivering efficient and effective request fulfillment and incident resolution (Tier 3). The Director must be a highly skilled leader and manager of people, a fierce user advocate, data driven and capable of collaborating cross-functionally with the various teams within Information Services and Information Security.
With a strong sense of the business impact of support, the Director will develop a multi-disciplined team of engineering problem solvers focused on delighting users with solutions that exceed expectations. The Director is responsible for executing the Desktop Engineering strategy and tactics that will improve the user experience and supportability of the business facing environment.
End-user systems include, but aren’t limited to, desktop computers, laptops/tablets, peripherals, remote and wireless access and the associated operating systems and applications. Lifecycle management of devices includes ownership of the OS (Windows & MAC/iOS), patch management and software packaging, Q/A activities, vulnerability remediation and associated metrics & reporting.
The Director position requires advanced knowledge of user end-point engineering, best practices, as well as strategies for effectively delivering resolutions to incidents, requests and problems. This is a leadership role and must act as a role model for the team, entrusting confidence through superior character, equanimity and demonstrated technical acumen.
The role requires an in-depth knowledge of industry best practices as it relates to end-point engineering. This includes but is not limited to: Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services; Windows & Apple OS; Amazon Web Services; End-point DLP (i.e. Carbon Black, Cisco ISE, DLP, Forcepoint); Configuration Management (SCCM & JAMF); Cybersecurity Frameworks (CIS, NIST, ISO 27001/27002, PCI DSS); Ensure the team troubleshoots issues and fulfills requests within the parameters of best practice ITSM models adopted by the IS department and bring to effective and timely resolution whenever possible; communicate and escalate issues using sound judgment and self-initiative; and deliver the highest level of customer service at all times with all colleagues. Provide detailed metrics and reporting on overall service delivery. Strive for continuous service improvement opportunities.
- Manage a large team of multi skilled, dynamic engineers (SCCM administrators, software packages, QA specialists) to provide cradle to grave ownership of all end-user endpoint devices for First Republic Bank. Ensure a high level of satisfaction and that the team is functioning at the highest sustainable level of productivity.
- Monitor and manage all end point devices in alignment with the goals of high availability, high security, user satisfaction and team productivity while driving changes in a culture of continuous improvement.
- Maintain a lab for troubleshooting all devices in production as well as for testing/certifying of new devices and models.
- Be a senior point of contact and proxy for senior leadership with the goal of proactively communicating in-flight issues/status of major incidents and problems
- Use deep analytical and technical understanding, superior collaboration skills, and intense user focus to be an effective change agent working cross-functionally as needed to achieve these objectives.
- Act as the escalation point for high severity user issues, as it relates to the desktop environment.
- Identify and execute to vital goals to deliver excellent service and results to users and ensure targeted service and performance standards are met or exceeded.
- Monitor and manage key metrics to monitor the effectiveness of desktop environment.
- Collaborate with Support management to continuously improve processes and working practices to ensure that these goals are achieved.
- Provide technical leadership, coaching, career development, and mentoring to team members as appropriate.
- Foster an environment conducive to collaboration, teamwork, innovation, simplicity, high productivity, and high quality.
- Contribute to strategy development, forecasting, and planning for the department.
- Execute strategic and tactical plans and initiatives that exceed user expectations resulting in increased user satisfaction that will be realized in lower attrition and higher productivity.
- Establish and manage communication channels within and among other IS departments—being the liaison to provide user feedback to the Senior Management Team.
- Ability to travel as required and work flexible and varied schedule as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or deep, relevant equivalent experience.
- 10+ years’ leadership experience in a technical environment, with at least 10 of those within engineering, technical support or project management environment, preferably in the Financial Services industry, in a highly complex, technical environment.
- 5+ years at the senior management level providing mission critical support to enterprise environment.
- Proven ability to define and execute a clear vision and roadmap that is challenging but achievable.
- Proven track record of successfully driving results and change in a technically and structurally evolving environment.
- Passionate about delivering industry leading solutions, and thrive in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
- Have a knack for diffusing tense situations, putting stakeholders at ease and instilling confidence.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills, demonstrated by the ability to: listen to and empathize with others; convey confidence; provide exemplary levels of service; resolve conflict effectively; collaborate with and facilitate small groups.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to build and deliver a compelling business case.
- Demonstrated skill in mentoring and coaching and the ability to interact with colleagues at all technical levels
- Dynamic, energetic, motivated, positive outlook with the ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Strong understanding of the value of data specific to desktop environments and ability to use data visualization techniques in understanding work flow and problem solving.
- Proven ability to build a team that colleagues and members love to work with.
- Background working within an ITIL framework, deep understanding of ITIL processes and /or ISO/IEC 20000