St. Mary's Food Bank Alliance
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at St. Mary's Food Bank Alliance
St. Mary’s Food Bank is seeking a hands-on logistics Safety Manager. This position will be responsible for coordinating safety programs, employee training, workplace inspections, investigations, and recommendations in the safety of the organization. This is not a sit behind a desk safety position and will require multi-site responsibilities.
Job Duties Include:
- Review employee safety programs to determine adequacy.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
- Write and revise safety regulations and codes as warranted.
- Maintain or update emergency response plans or procedures.
- Interpret safety regulations for others interested in industrial safety such as safety engineers and inspectors.
- Maintain liaisons with outside organizations such as fire departments, police, and medical facilities, so that emergency responses can be facilitated.
- Create, coordinate, and conduct worker training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
- Cover topics that include logistics safety, OSHA, DOT and local regulations governing incident and injury prevention in the work place.
- Track training of employees and ensure re-training of employees occurs per required safety laws and regulations.
- Inspect or evaluate workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Investigate the adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, or other conditions that could affect employee health, comfort, or performance.
- Inspect specified areas to ensure the presence of fire prevention equipment, safety equipment, or first-aid supplies.
- Investigate accidents, injuries, or occupational illness / diseases to identify causes or to determine how such accidents, injuries, or occupational illness / diseases might be prevented in the future.
- Interview employees and supervisors / managers to obtain information about work environments and workplace incidents.
- Report or review findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections, or environmental testing.
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Recommend processes and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- Bachelor's Degree: Preferred (Safety, Risk Management or related)
- 5 plus years of experience in warehouse related safety practices
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations. Working knowledge of EPA and other environmental regulations
Certifications and Licenses:
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation preferred
- HACCAP certification preferred or willingness to acquire certification 6 months after employment.
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401K, PTO, employer paid life insurance and more. This is your chance to make a difference. Join our Mission to alleviate hunger.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements at jobs.firstfoodbank.org