Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- # of Openings
- Ventra Ionia Main, LLC
Scope of the Position
The Quality Supervisor has primary responsibility for implementation and the supporting maintenance of the company quality system; reporting on the performance of the quality system for review and as a basis for improvement of the quality system. (Using Layered Process Audits, Flex-N-Gate Quality Audit Process, Customer Required Audits, Control Plan Audits) They will work with employees, suppliers and customers to produce quality products that meet or exceed the customer and plant's requirements.
- Act as a liaison with internal and external parties on matters relating to the quality system.
- Oversee hourly floor inspectors/process auditors to ensure they are properly trained and qualified to relation to product(s) being inspected.
- Customer needs, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture, assembly and distribution of goods
- Approve hourly associates’ hours and maintain attendance records daily.
- Ensure process auditors are staffed, trained and performing duties as called out in their work instructions
- Support manufacturing in the development of job instructions and maintain and train quality associates on quality related job instructions and procedures.
- Makes decisions in regard to disposition of non-conforming material and ensure proper containment and follow up is done.
- Support PPAP process to customers by helping develop Process Flows, PFMEA and control plans with teams.
- Train, develop, evaluate, promote, and discipline subordinate personnel.
- Lead Corrective Action Plan development, implementation and follow-up as quality problems occur.
- Cultivate and expand positive employee morale.
- Ensure production is producing quality product to specifications.
- Document all activities as required.
- Provide support and maintain compliance with all company guidelines, union contracts, TS16949, ISO14001, and all applicable government regulations and standards.
- Perform additional assignments per manager’s direction.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent with a minimum of 6 years experience in a manufacturing facility that offered the opportunity to gain a well rounded background in quality management.
- Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective,strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office and the use of statistical software.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Good computer skills