Fontana Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CHIEF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATION OFFICER - Bulletin #038-19
at Fontana Unified School District
Under the direction of the Superintendent, the Chief Information Technology and Innovation Officer (CITIO) provides a proactive, dynamic, responsive, collaborative and forward-thinking vision to transform the future of education in Fontana Unified School District. The CITIO is responsible for providing leadership in developing, implementing and promoting the District’s vision for technology, with a focus on innovative personalized learning and work environments. The CITIO works with a committed technology team and other district leaders to apply a standout combination of intuition for the future needs of students and technical knowledge. This position will also define the district’s technological objectives and be responsible for ensuring that fiscally responsible solutions reliably meet the needs of students and staff, now and into the future.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS)
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Adopt and communicate a strategy that embeds future-ready skills across all parts of the educational journey.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure equitable access to appropriate digital tools and resources to meet the needs of all learners.
- Provide direction, vision, and assistance to technology staff, administrators and teachers in planning instruction that promotes information literacy and integrates meaningful and effective usage of technology and innovative practice.
- Seek out opportunities and resources to develop and enhance staff understanding of global trends in innovation and how it relates to the educational preparation of students.
- Coordinate the piloting, implementation, and evaluation of technology-based instructional programs.
- Seek funding and partnerships to support District efforts in the use of technology and innovation to enhance student learning.
- Lead training initiatives supporting District personnel in the use of software, digital resources, online learning resources and other internet resources as they pertain to secure, business and educational standards of technology use.
- Coordinate the implementation of the District’s enterprise systems, to include staff training related to the successful implementation and use of systems.
- Guide the preparation and distribution of support materials related to the Technology and Innovation Department.
- Act as a liaison with community and parent groups as it relates to technology and innovation initiatives.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop a compelling District-wide technology and innovation vision, including the development of resources needed to create a sustainable and dynamic program.
- Guide the day-to-day operations and work processes of the Technology and Innovation Department, including network and infrastructure, telecommunications, applications, help desk and desktop support, data infrastructure, project management and related areas.
- Collaborate with other departments to design and implement investments, strategies and applications in technology.
- Develop and implement a strong staffing strategy for the Technology and Innovation Department, to include recruiting, developing and motivating staff.
- Oversee the implementation of the collective bargaining agreements for certificated and classified employees as they relate to personnel supervised.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Skill / Requirements
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Transformational thinking and visionary leadership skills
- Deep understanding of technological trends and their relationship to the educational process
- Global thinker with excellent problem solving abilities
- Effectively coordinate work and communication across all user and ability levels within the District
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation abilities
- Influence and positively impact a team
- Thrive in a dynamic and forward-thinking environment, maintaining composure and a positive attitude
- Provide leadership and vision that prepares students for the future
- Understand technical and educational development processes
- Successful track record visioning, planning, and managing projects from inception through the development lifecycle
- Driven to learn, analyze, and understand data
- Developing and exercising cross-functional influence, translating between students, staff, and technical teams
- Developing key relationships while maintaining effective working relationships with staff and students across the District
- Share difficult concepts or practices with various audiences
- Understand organizational needs and find innovative solutions to meet these needs
- Empower others to become part of the solution to complex real world challenges
- Establish a vision and help to move the organization toward that vision
- Balance technological knowledge and astuteness with strong interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively and build trust across all levels of the District
- Best practices in information technology management, design, thinking, and project management
- Technological trends, systems, and practical applications
- Database technologies
- Cloud-based solutions for business and education
- Network, infrastructure, hardware, and software management
- Oral and written communication skills
- Technical aspects in field of specialty
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary
- Ability to work at a desk and in meetings of various configurations
- Digital dexterity to operate office equipment
- Ability to read printed matter and computer screens
- Ability to communicate so others are able to understand a normal conversation
- Ability to hear and understand speech
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, and reach
- Ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 20 poundsWork Environment:
- Office environment
- Constant interruptions
- Four (4) years of leadership experience supporting the development and deployment of technological products and services
- Experience managing the design, development, implementation, operation, and maintenance of complex information systems
- Bachelor’s degree in, information technology, business administration, education technology or related field
- Experience utilizing the Design Thinking Process
- Working in a public education agency
- Experience with providing equitable digital tool access to all users
- Experience with obtaining or managing grant funded projects or equipment
- Experience in enterprise services or business intelligence
- Experience with global thinking, planning and implementation
- Possession of a valid and appropriate California Driver’s License or ability to obtain within one (1) month of employment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
* BENEFITS PACKAGE – MANAGEMENT:
• District paid Dental and Vision premium
• District paid maximum medical monthly contribution of $1,400 (Paid on 10 mo. Basis)
• 16 Paid Holidays per year
• 27 Days of paid vacation per year
• 12 Days of paid sick leave per year
• $75,000 Life insurance policy paid by Fontana Unified School District, upgradeable at a nominal cost
• CALPERS Retirement
• Section 125 Plan available
POSTING IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED AND SUBJECT TO CLOSE AT ANYTIME.
- Interested candidates must apply on Edjoin.org (direct link to posting listed below) https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1137324
- Please DO NOT send resume in lieu of application. Candidates will only be considered via completed application on Edjoin.org and resumes may be attached in Edjoin