Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Manager-Albuquerque Sunport
at Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Summary/Objective: "Doing business with integrity while serving our guests exceptionally."
Oversee and manage the operations of a single or multi-unit restaurant. This includes managing the operations, and building, coaching, developing, and mentoring staff. Have excellent team leadership. Exemplify integrity and accountability. Satisfy customers by providing an exceptional dining experience. Provide a passion for being the best in the business. Provide effective leadership and guidance to crew to achieve operational success. A GM must be able to perform all job functions of each crew position, including customer service, product preparation, cash accountability, achieve sales and labor goals, and the ability to drive a company vehicle and travel, if needed.
- Acts as a leadership role model while consistently exhibiting Fresquez Vision, Mission and Values.
- Accomplishes restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Participates in recruitment efforts of non-exempt staff; assists with pre-employment process such as first interview, second interview, drug screening, helps coordinate and attend job fairs.
- Achieves restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing inventory and audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements; achieving sales and labor goals; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Estimates food costs and profits; adjusts menus.
- Controls costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Obtains ServSafe certification, as a manager. Ensure that the restaurant is in compliance with FDA food code;
- Avoids legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
- Maximizes bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges.
- Publicizes the restaurant by designing and placing advertisements; inviting food editors to review the restaurant; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events at the restaurant.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans; maintaining security and sprinkler systems; maintaining parking lot and walkways.
- Encourages a multi-functional and collaborative approach.
- Develops, implements and maintains product specification and recipe books, to ensure product consistency across all restaurant concepts.
- Assists department in carrying out various operational programs and procedures for all company employees.
- Maintains open line of communication within teams and across departments.
- Employee development and team building.
- Reviews bi-weekly payroll.
- Performs all duties in compliance with internal procedures, external regulations s and brings compliance issues to upper management and Human Resources.
- Performs other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Strong business acumen and leadership experience with a proven track record of acting as a strategic business partner in an operations environment.
- Ability to lead though influence in a collaborate environment.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with clients on solving business/operational issues.
- Demonstrated communication abilities at multiple levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated organization skills leading to the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
Organization/Prioritization, Time Management, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, Analyzing Information, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Reporting/Researching Results, Verbal and Written Communication Proficiency, Ethical Conduct, High Integrity, Confidentiality, Personal Responsibility, Accountability, Initiative, Accuracy, Follow Up/Through Skills, Dependability, Problem-Solving Skills, Positive Attitude, Teamwork Oriented, Self-Motivated, Independent Judgement and Professional Appearance
- Minimum of 3-5 years of progressive leadership experience in the restaurant/hospitality sector, with a focus on restaurant operations; Restaurant industry experience preferred. Culinary experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to operate
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant food safety and sanitation laws, principles, procedures, and practices.
- Experience teaching, coaching, and training adults in a variety of environments and situations (technical, skills training as well as soft skills, leadership)
- Proven ability to partner with and influence all levels of an organization, from senior level management to hourly employees
- Strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to coach and motivate others to achieve departmental, and company goals
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to partner with others to achieve results/resolution; an innovative and forward thinking leader
- Ability to delegate and demonstrate leadership courage to hold others accountable for results and their actions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence
- Places a value on diversity and shows respect for and openness to others’ backgrounds and ideas
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to manage multiple priorities and large projects across multiple disciplines with a strong attention to detail
- Proven experience leading cross-functional teams to develop new business, training, and operational efficiency solutions
- Ability to handle high stress situations, ambiguity, and changing priorities
- Proficient Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet skills
- Licensed to operate an automobile without hours of operations restrictions
- Must meet any state, county or municipal regulation pertaining to health risk concerns about food handling
- Must be able to work with Fresquez menu products, as well as work around potentially hazardous chemicals (i.e., cleaning products)
- The ability to drive, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods of time
- Prepare special reports/assist on special projects as needed or requested.
- Detail oriented.
- Good PC competency such as the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and other related software.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Professional behavior that contributes to creating an environment of respect and professionalism.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Effective organizational and time management skills; able to manage multiple priorities, to complete tasks/projects in a timely fashion.
- Ability to work in a fast-pace in an effective manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and to be flexible and adept to varying and changing demands.
- Effective and friendly interpersonal communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external customers.
- Excellent computer skills to include Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Social Media, Internet Research, 10-key, and willingness and ability to learn new systems.
This job operates in a fast-paced restaurant setting and is frequently subjected to heat, steam, fire, and noise. This role routinely uses standard restaurant equipment such as: ovens, cook tops, griddles, deep-fat fryers, grills, microwaves, sharp tools/slicers, as well as other equipment as necessary.
Physical or Environmental Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires constant standing. All positions may require constant, frequent, or occasional: standing, walking, lifting, sitting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, eye/hand/foot coordination. Must be able to lift up to 100lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is an exempt-level position. Scheduled hours vary by restaurant needs, including necessary adjustments made during high and low seasonal changes. Typical days and hours of work for this position are Monday-Sunday 4am-11pm or later (varying shifts). Other days/hours and holidays required as needed or assigned.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check in accordance with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
Ability to read, analyze, interpret general business rules and technical procedures.
Ability to clearly and effectively communicate information and respond to questions from management and team members.
Other (Secondary) Responsibilities:
Assist with other restaurant functions including other assigned duties as needed. This may include prep-cook, cook, dishwashing, maintenance, bartending, serving, and cleanliness of equipment and facility. Must be able to fulfill all roles within the restaurant(s) as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fresquez, Inc., Fresquez Concessions, Inc., NM Restaurant Investors Inc. DBA Village Inn, and LF Operations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. The policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.