Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Summary/Objective: "Doing business with integrity while serving our guests exceptionally."
The Kitchen Manager (KM) is responsible for all kitchen operations on an opening, mid or closing shift; including supervision of all kitchen staff and staffing levels, safety and sanitation, housekeeping, and made from scratch food production related activities. The KM is assigned a work group: line cooks, prep cooks and/or dishwashers. The KM ensures that the shift is run in a smooth manner with a focus on "Quality" while attending to any unexpected problems or emergencies that may arise.
Overall, the KM is responsible for ensuring our food is prepared to the exact specifications stated and quality expected for safe serving, complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures, ensuring appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud.
Here at Fresquez, we are customer-focused company. Our Cooks plays a critical role, as it is his/her responsibility to make sure our food is safe to eat and is consistently served with the utmost quality taste, overall ensuring our guests are delighted in their visit and leave with the best guest experience possible.
- Ability to motivate and mentor peers and subordinates while upholding superior customer service and quality standards
- Flexible schedule, reliable transportation, and excellent customer service skills. Must be able to work a varied work week including early morning, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Assist with managing food cost by properly ordering, receiving and storing all food products according to specifications and guidelines.
- Maintain food product inventory levels in accordance with established company guidelines
- Assist management in managing, evaluating, scheduling and providing positive training and coaching for all back of house (BOH) staff
- Ability to multi-task and quickly prioritize tasks such as timely meals served consistently and regular cleanings are completed and inspected
- Consistently uphold company standards such as appearance of food, quality check throughout the day and proper proportions
- Food safety driven and food service experience
- Responsible for prepping ingredients and assembling dishes according to restaurant recipes and specifications
- Maintain sanitation, health and safety standards in all work areas including ability to check and complete daily temperature logs
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers and/or griddles, slicer, etc. with the ability to use simultaneously at times
Skills and Qualifications:
Organization, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Excellent verbal Communication, Ethical Conduct, High Integrity, Personal Responsibility and Initiative, Technical/Mechanical Ability, Safety Conscious, Cleanliness, Menu Development
- Strong knowledge and understanding of company and FDA standards, processes, procedures and specifications.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Team Player - Ability to act in a collaborative manner which contributes to creating an environment of respect and professionalism displayed at all times toward management, co-workers, guests, and vendors.
- Effective organizational and time management skills; able to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and to be flexible and adept at varying and changing demands.
- Able to work at a fast pace in an effective manner.
- Effective interpersonal communication and interpersonal skills with co-workers including dishwashers, cooks, servers, bartenders, supervisors and management.
This job operates in a fast-paced restaurant setting and is frequently subjected to heat, steam, fire, and noise. This role routinely uses standard restaurant equipment such as: ovens, cook tops, griddles, deep-fat fryers, grills, microwaves, sharp tools/slicers, as well as other equipment as necessary.
Physical or Environmental Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires constant standing. All positions may require constant, frequent, or occasional: standing, walking, lifting, sitting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, eye/hand/foot coordination. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is an hourly position. Scheduled hours vary by restaurant needs, including necessary adjustments made during high and low seasonal changes. Typical days and hours of work for this position are Monday-Sunday 5am-10pm or later (varying shifts). Other days/hours, including holidays, required as needed or assigned.
Required Experience and Skills:
A minimum of 2 years restaurant management experience required. Restaurant industry experience preferred.
Culinary experience strongly preferred.
Knowledge and understanding of relevant food safety and sanitation laws, principles, procedures, and practices.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check in accordance with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
Ability to read, analyze, interpret general business rules and technical procedures.
Ability to clearly and effectively communicate information and respond to questions from management and team members.
Other (Secondary) Responsibilities:
Assist with other restaurant functions including other assigned duties as needed. This may include prep-cook, cook, dishwashing, and maintenance, and cleanliness of equipment and facility. Must be able to fulfill all roles necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fresquez, Inc., Fresquez Concessions, Inc., NM Restaurant Investors Inc. DBA Village Inn, and LF Operations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. The policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.