Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fresquez Concessions Inc.
Summary/Objective: "Doing business with integrity while serving our guests exceptionally."
Works with GM and provides effective guidance to crew to achieve operational success. Have excellent team leadership. Exemplify integrity and accountability. A supervisor must be able to fill in when/where needed. Ability to effectively communicate well with all employees, management, and guests. Assists the GM with the managing and overall operations of the restaurant. Satisfies customers by providing an exceptional dining experience. Must lead by example and get the GM involved as appropriate.
- Assist in the management of specific areas of restaurant during scheduled shifts
- Ensure that restaurant is properly organized and staffed as designated by schedule
- Oversee break rotation and delegation of tasks during both peak and non-peak periods
- Train new crew members in their area of responsibility
- Ensures service in all areas meets Fresquez standards for quality and cleanliness
- Handle minor customer complaints, taking prompt and appropriate action to resolve problem and make determination when to report to management team on more serious complaints
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of all cash accountability reports on assigned shift
- Informs general manager promptly of all problems or unusual matters of significance
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by the Fresquez management team, as needed
- This position is required to work a variety of shifts to include, mornings, days, evenings, holiday's and weekends, 40 hour work weeks (reliable transportation to and from work is required)
- Must be able to work with open availability Mon-Sun from early AM to closing
Performs other related duties as required and/or assigned
- Experience in cash control/security procedures
- Ability to multi-task and quickly prioritize tasks
- Ability to handle high stress situations, ambiguity, and changing priorities
- Good independent judgment/decision making skills
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional internal and external customer service and employee relation skills
- Must be dependable, reliable, and motivated
- The ability to drive, stand, sit, bend, and walk for long extended periods of time, and heavy lifting is required. Hearing, talking, presenting, delivering information and responding to instruction, providing training, and answering questions is also required
- Proficient Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet skills
Organization, Time Management, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, Analyzing Information, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Reporting/Researching Results, Verbal and Written Communication Proficiency, Ethical Conduct, High Integrity, Confidentiality, Personal Responsibility, Accountability, Initiative, Accuracy, Follow Up/Through Skills, Dependability, Problem-Solving Skills, Positive Attitude, Teamwork Oriented, Self-Motivated, Independent Judgement
- 1-2 years restaurant leadership/management experience
- Restaurant industry experience preferred. Culinary experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant food safety and sanitation laws, principles, procedures, and practices.
- Experience teaching, coaching, and training adults in a variety of environments and situations (technical, skills training as well as soft skills, leadership)
- Proven ability to partner with and influence all levels of an organization, from senior level management to hourly employees
- Strong writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to coach and motivate others to achieve departmental, and company goals
- Ability to delegate and demonstrate leadership courage to hold others accountable for results and their actions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence
- Places a value on diversity and shows respect for and openness to others’ backgrounds and ideas
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to manage multiple priorities and large projects across multiple disciplines with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle high stress situations, ambiguity, and changing priorities
- Must meet any state, county or municipal regulation pertaining to health risk concerns about food handling
- Must be able to work with Fresquez menu products, as well as work around potentially hazardous chemicals (i.e., cleaning products)
- Prepare special reports/assist on special projects as needed or requested
- Good PC competency such as the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and other related software
- Excellent listening skills
- Professional behavior that contributes to creating an environment of respect and professionalism
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Effective organizational and time management skills; able to manage multiple priorities, to complete tasks/projects in a timely fashion
- Ability to work in a fast-pace in an effective manner
- Ability to work under pressure and to be flexible and adept to varying and changing demands
- Effective and friendly interpersonal communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external customers
This job operates in a fast-paced restaurant setting and is frequently subjected to heat, steam, fire, and noise. This role routinely uses standard restaurant equipment such as: ovens, cook tops, griddles, deep-fat fryers, grills, microwaves, sharp tools/slicers, as well as other equipment as necessary.
Physical or Environmental Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
This position requires constant standing. All positions may require constant, frequent, or occasional: standing, walking, lifting, sitting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, eye/hand/foot coordination. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a non-exempt level position. Scheduled hours vary by restaurant needs, including necessary adjustments made during high and low seasonal changes. Typical days and hours of work for this position are Monday-Sunday 4am-11pm or later (varying shifts). Other days/hours and holidays required as needed or assigned.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check in accordance with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
Ability to read, analyze, interpret general business rules and technical procedures.
Ability to clearly and effectively communicate information and respond to questions from management and team members.
Other (Secondary) Responsibilities:
Assist with other restaurant functions including other assigned duties as needed. This may include prep-cook, cook, dish washing, maintenance, bartending, serving, and cleanliness of equipment and facility. Must be able to fulfill all roles within the restaurant(s) as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Fresquez, Inc., Fresquez Concessions, Inc., NM Restaurant Investors Inc. DBA Village Inn, and LF Operations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy not to discriminate against any Employee or Applicant. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. The policy of nondiscrimination in employment includes but is not limited to: recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, employment advertising or solicitations, compensation, layoff or termination of employment.