General Dynamics Mission Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineering Technician with Property Management Duties
at General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Job Location
- Required Clearance
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Hiring Company
- General Dynamics Mission Systems
Associate’s degree in related discipline or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
A Relocation package may be available for this position.
Developing mission-critical systems that help keep people safe is what we do. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, you will be part of the team that helps heroes make a true impact. The work we do is important. The challenges we face are career-defining. The opportunity we can offer is one-of-a-kind.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, AR/VR, and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
Working with Engineering, Operations Support and individuals in other departments, the Advanced Engineering Technician will support engineering activities such as design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electro mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, laser/light transmission devices or specialized test equipment. This may entail performing the following:
- Interprets basic engineering drawings, diagrams and schematics
- Constructs, modifies, debugs, troubleshoots, calibrates, tests and adjusts a variety of tools, equipment and systems
- Conducts, analyzes and documents statistically based experiments to define process parameters
- Implements and documents complex solutions for process improvement
- Designs and constructs basic tooling and fixtures to accomplish unique tasks
- Organizes, analyzes and interprets data to identify cause/effect relationships and recommends resolution/process improvement
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the team:
- An Associate’s degree in related discipline or equivalent plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Solid knowledge and proficiency in the use of fabrication tools
- Ability to fabricate complex hardware
- Solid knowledge of generally accepted technical theory
What sets you apart:
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Superior communication and collaboration skills
The Engineering Technician will fill an opening on our operations team and serve in two primary roles: program property management and technical shop support on program tasking for development of mechanical and electromechanical systems, utility sub-system components, and structural systems. The property management role is defined as follows:
- Conduct physical inventories of warehouse and/or main work area
- Maintain inventory records by adding or deleting supplies as they are shipped or received
- Receive and unload UPS, FedEx and freight both manually or with equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks
- Verifies quantity and quality of order, check for damaged goods verify items received with purchase order, and tags and stores/delivers items as required
- Assemble and store proprietary construction materials and utility sub-systems
- Operate a computer to access, enter, and correct inventory information
- Interface with engineering team on inventory, delivery, and shipping requirements
- May provide advice regarding supplies or property including price and availability
- May coordinate disposal of surplus property and manage records retention
- May receive, store, and ship flammable, explosive, or hazardous material
- May maintain moving equipment and vehicles
In addition to property management, the preferred candidate will support technical shop tasking requiring familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the carpentry and general construction trades. Candidate will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals working under general supervision, alone and/or with a team of project engineers, as specific tasking dictates. Work involves hands-on construction of training and test fixtures, often in support of quick response capability (QRC) programs. Shop personal will be required to operate a range of moving equipment including forklifts, scissor lifts, pallet jacks, and trucks. The role requires working with the program team and sub-contractors in addition to potential interface with customer representatives. Candidate must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and be able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
At a minimum, a current and transferrable Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is REQUIRED at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran