Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Federal Regulatory Compliance Manager - Regulatory Training
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Legal / Compliance
The Federal Regulatory Compliance Manager is responsible for providing expertise and direction to the Compliance Department and business units which relate to or impact the Company’s compliance with the federal laws that govern GM Financial business, such as but not limited to, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Federal Accurate Credit Transactions Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act Regulation B promulgated thereunder, Service Members Civil Relief Act, and various U.S. state and local impacting credit reporting and anti-discrimination laws (e.g., New York Executive law 296-A). This manager is responsible for the administration of federal compliance monitoring and reporting, assessing training content and frequency for regulatory compliance, assisting in responding to both internal and external regulatory inquiries concerning federal regulatory compliance. This manager will promote and underscore the overall importance of federal regulatory compliance, and build upon our established compliance culture. This manager will have contact and interaction with all levels of management and departments across the organization, particularly the Chief Compliance Officer, Compliance Department leadership, as well as auditors, and/or federal/state examiners.
- Understand, communicate, and commit to the organization's vision, goals, and strategies relating to federal regulatory compliance.
- Analyze complex issues, apply appropriate analysis and monitoring, and use sound judgment to make strategic and operational recommendations to promote federal regulatory compliance goals and objectives and enhance policies, procedures, controls, training, testing and related practices.
- Coordinate with Risk Management, Servicing, Dealer Services and the Compliance Monitoring group within the Compliance Department to maintain policies, procedures, controls, training, and testing and monitoring.
- Monitor federal regulatory compliance performance using key information, processes, training materials, and systems to ensure accountability for achieving regulatory compliance.
- Assess training effectiveness and promote business unit remediation and partnership to minimize regulatory gaps.
- Foster and champion an environment that promotes compliance, continuous improvement, appropriate controls, quality outcomes, self-detection and remediation.
- Align compliance priorities to legal requirements and those of the organization and realign strategic direction when appropriate.
- Foster open communication, information sharing, input from others and diverse viewpoints.
- Build relationships across the organization, while leveraging individual and cultural diversity to assist in achieving business goals and objectives.
- Monitor implementation of new and revised products, procedures, and training relating to federal regulatory compliance.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES:
- Perform other related duties as required.
Reports to: AVP Compliance Management System
- Direct Reports: None
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of GM Financial's core business functions, policies and procedures relating to federal regulatory compliance.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory compliance relating to federal lending laws.
- Knowledge of training curriculum design, delivery tools and adult learning methods.
- Proficient in the use of basic computer functions and Microsoft applications.
- Extensive knowledge and focus of one of more of the federal laws governing GM Financial business processes including understanding and identification of associated risks, recommended controls, focused training, and testing/monitoring of;
- Consumer Leasing
- Electronic Fund Transfer Act
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act- Fair Lending
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Gramm-Leach Bliley Act
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Truth in Lending Act
- Unfair, Deceptive, Abusive Act or Practices
- USA Patriot Act and OFAC
- Experience with state and/or federal examinations, risk assessments, end-to-end assessments is preferred.
- Ability to use appropriate analysis, judgment and logic when solving problems and making decisions.
- Ability to plan, execute and improve work processes to ensure achievement of business objectives and to prepare reports to demonstrate same.
- Ability to understand GM Financial's business, apply knowledge and critical thinking skills in day-to-day problems and solutions.
- Ability to provide leadership through influence, inspiration, collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to listen actively and communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing.
- Ability to relate well with others, build relationships and constructively interact with a variety of people and situations.
- Ability to proactively achieve goals and objectives.
- Ability to demonstrate integrity while successfully managing work demands and pressure; continually pursues personal development.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred or equivalent experience required.
- Five plus years work experience in finance, lending or related industry, with preference for experience relating to credit and servicing operations and/or compliance.
- Experience in dealing with multiple business units and diverse employee population.
- Fast pace office environment, subject to regular deadlines and some stressful situations. Occasional long hours may be required to meet departmental goals.