Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Global Infrastructure Project Manager-Contractor
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Contingent Worker
- Information Technology
- Not Applicable
The Global Infrastructure Delivery team provides a common gateway to corporate IT infrastructure and Cyber Security teams for compliance and standardization within the GM Financial technology environment. The team provides a consistent interface into core services and IT infrastructure for the project teams, including a means for architectural discovery, review, and project escalations. The team is also responsible for driving the processes around Infrastructure Demand Management.
The Global Infrastructure Delivery Analyst II will provide support during the lifecycle of IT projects with infrastructure impacts, to ensure appropriate infrastructure tasks and touch-points are included in planning, infrastructure design is reviewed and agreed upon, and that infrastructure tasks are progressing as needed. May perform a wide variety of other duties as needed during the lifecycle of the project and in support of Infrastructure Demand Management.
- Assigned to one or more projects/efforts that may require IT infrastructure and/or Cyber Security engagement during the project lifecycle. In this role the analyst will help enable collaboration between groups and organizations, help drive progress, remove roadblocks, and help ensure that appropriate infrastructure design review has occurred so that best practices and standards are included during planning, design and implementation.
- Interacts with various project team members, IT team members, and business partners (internal or external to our organization) as part of a project or infrastructure related effort.
- Leads and facilitates assigned Infrastructure Demand Management meetings with a goal to provide infrastructure work visibility, prioritization support, and promote continuous improvement. Assists with demand system updates and reporting as needed to support the process.
- Assists in identifying and implementing process improvement and optimization opportunities within the infrastructure organization.
- Performs other duties as needed to support departmental or IT objectives and goals.
Reports to: AVP Global Infrastructure Delivery
- Must possess a solid working knowledge of GM Financial technology architecture and IT strategy.
- Must have general working knowledge of Project Management methodologies and practices.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of IT infrastructure and Cyber Security technologies that support large financial institutions.
- Must understand the GMF IT control framework, policies and procedures to ensure that compliance and appropriate controls are considered during integration efforts.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be able to communicate both technical and non-technical information effectively up and down the organizational structure including other teams within IT, business partners, external vendors, and other entities as needed.
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and ability to multi-task as needed.
- Ability to diagram in Visio and effectively work in MS Excel/MS Word/Power point
- Must be able to review complex or technical information during integration efforts and understand what action items need to be executed, understand dependencies, sense of urgency, and prioritization of efforts needed to ensure integration success.
- Ability to meet time sensitive deadlines is required.
- Must be able to make sound decisions and exercise good judgment pertaining to operating procedures and projects.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and driven to meet time sensitive deadlines as needed.
- Must be able to build effective working relationships across diverse technology teams and work effectively with team members who are geographically dispersed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 9+ years of IT experience in a financial services corporation(s) preferred.
- Previous experience or working knowledge within IT infrastructure and/or Cyber Security areas is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience managing IT projects is beneficial.
Normal office environment; subject to stressful situations. Some travel may be required.