Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Intern - Risk Management (SAS Required, Graduate Students)
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Intern
- Risk Management / Insurance
START YOUR JOURNEY WITH GM FINANCIAL’S 2019 SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
GM Financial was founded as Americredit in September 1992 and opened its first branch office in Fort Worth, Texas. On October 10, 2010, Americredit Corp. was acquired by General Motors Company and renamed General Motors Financial Company, Inc. (GM Financial). GM Financial is the captive auto finance company and subsidiary of General Motors and is headquartered in Fort Worth, U.S. We are a global provider of auto finance solutions, with operations in North America, South America and Asia.
GM Financial offers many unique opportunities to talented young professionals in our Summer Internship Program. As an intern at our company, you’ll gain hands-on, real-world experience alongside industry-leading professionals during the 10-week program. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills in a professional environment and build a strong foundation for your future career.
We are looking for students who are ready to take on stimulating projects and gain exposure to a variety of industry initiatives. Our program offers:
- 10 weeks of work experience (1st week of June through 2nd week of August)
- Competitive salary
- Executive and peer networking opportunities
- Independent and team project experiences
- Philanthropic activities
- Career development
- Opportunity to apply for full-time career positions
Are you interested in working in the Business Analytics field? Does working with data, analyzing performance trends, or statistical analysis interest you? Then we have an opportunity for you!
We are looking for candidates in the following areas to join the Risk Management team at our company headquarters in downtown Fort Worth:
- Portfolio Analytics
- Credit Risk Analytics
- Must be a current student pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Analytics, Management Information Systems, Decision Science, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Statistics, or a related
- Must possess a minimum of a 3.0 overall GPA (out of a 4.0 point scale).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. The Intern will be required to give presentations and communicate with business leaders.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and conceptual skills required.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently or in a team setting.
- Previous internships considered a plus.
- Must be able to commit to work 40 hours for 10 consecutive weeks during the summer (First week of June through 2nd week in August).
- Must participate in all GMF sponsored events for interns.
If you are interested in the positions listed above, please apply here!