Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager - PMO
at GM Financial
- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Information Technology
?The Project Manager - Project Management Office (PMO) leads key business and technology initiatives for GM Financial, including IT projects. Project Managers are responsible for the coordination and completion of all aspects of project management on assigned PMO projects, including, but not limited to, project definition, project plans, conducting meetings, documenting requirements, overseeing development, testing, and implementation. Additionally, the Project Manager - PMO is part of the IT Services organization and directs project compliance efforts.
- Manage multiple small to medium-sized software development or implementation projects to successful completion.
- Follow GM Financial's Project Management Methodology, including documented policies and processes, in developing detailed project plans and completing required project documentation.
- Conduct project discovery, develop project teams, define objectives and scope, document current and future-state processes, document risks and assumptions, and oversee development, testing, and implementation.
- Conduct project kick-off meetings, communicate individual roles and project expectations, and serve as a single point of contact for projects.
- Complete and manage detailed project plans using the designated project and portfolio management software tool.
- Utilize designated project and portfolio management software tool to report project status, manage issues, and document risks.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with project owners, business functions, IT, vendors, and other project stakeholders.
- Advance knowledge of the software development process and industry standards to support the processes.
- Demonstrated success in project management.
- High level understanding of technology infrastructure, security concepts and platforms
- Knowledge of the development and execution of a test script and the documentation of findings effectively.
- Knowledge of the financial industry
- Support-level knowledge of a PPM Tool and SharePoint Services.
- Understanding of technology infrastructure, security concepts and platforms.
- Ability to analyze, see the big picture of workflow business processes and how they interface within the company infrastructure.
- Ability to make decisions
- Computer proficiency in MS Office
- Detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work well with others in teams and collaborative work situations
- Organization and prioritization abilities
- Strong ability to produce executive-level reports using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Strong problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent professional experience. required
- Master’s Degree in a related field or equivalent professional experience. preferred
- 2-3 Years experience in a project leadership role. Required
- Occasional overtime or split shifts may be required;Subject to stressful situations;Fast-paced office environment;Strong focus on providing quality service to internal and external customers;Limited travel may be required to support business needs;Must be able to deal with stressful office conditions while troubleshooting problems