GO AZ Motorcycles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at GO AZ Motorcycles
Job Title: Parts & Accessories Manager
Department: Parts & Accessories
Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Full Time/Salary+Commission/Not Safety Sensitive
To deliver such a memorable experience to every customer, that they refer at least one person to our dealership. Manage employees and operations of the parts and accessories department. Set-up and maintain a smooth running, efficient Parts & Accessories Department. Employ sound management practices to ensure parts department contributes acceptable levels of gross and net profit. Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Ensure the needs of the parts and accessories department are being met
- Review all stock orders to ensure a fast moving, balanced inventory of parts & accessories.
- Maintain sufficient quantities of stock to support demand and acceptable inventory turn ratio.
- Supervise and maintain an accurate up-to-date inventory management & control system.
- Establish procedures for ordering, receiving, logging into inventory, displaying, and selling all merchandise.
- Maximize return on investment of parts inventory.
- Grow the volume of Parts & Accessory sales.
- Develop advertising & promotional campaigns for merchandise.
- Recommend related Parts and Accessories, which may be required for a job.
- Supply cost of parts information on repair orders
- Update inventory control system and parts catalogue
- Notify service personnel when special parts or back-ordered parts are received
- Maintain cleanliness of Parts and Accessories Department and keep inventory neatly stacked and orderly.
- Assist customers with determination of Parts and Accessories requirements and research merchandise in catalogues.
- Develop and share knowledge of all Parts and Accessories merchandise, parts history, and motorcycle service.
- Must possess the ability to work with several customers at one time while maintaining individual customer satisfaction
- Point out any sales, specials, new merchandise and offer additional product that may compliment the customer purchase.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to excellent customer service
- Other duties as assigned.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
- Gain the trust and confidence of new customers when they are introduced to the Parts & Accessories department.
- Point out any sales, specials, or new merchandise to staff and customers.
- Estimate length of time to receive any back-ordered parts and clearly communicate it to customer. Avoid setting high customer expectation levels in situations where expectations are not likely to be met.
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”.
- Ensure P&A personnel are alert, well trained, and available when needed.
- Ensure employees keep a clean and orderly department.
- Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
- Develop promotional campaigns in conjunction with the sales & service departments
- Provide reports to GM, as requested. Monthly sales versus goals versus past years.
- Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with GM.
- Attend training sessions to keep current with department issues
- Attend weekly Mgt. Meetings prepared to report numbers and status of department
- Coach and educate your team in a positive and uplifting manner.
- Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the work loads of all employees
- Train Parts & Accessories Associates to use consistent and current sales methodologies.
- Set policies and procedures for Parts & Accessories department.
- Manage employee performance (evaluate and counsel).
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and terminating employees.
- Maintain records of all employee performance reviews.
- Provide training for all sales employees (seminars; workshops; sales schools, etc.)
- Be honest and ethical in all business practices.
- Always work in compliance of legal guidelines.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all dealership personnel by maintaining positive relationships with customers, employees, GM and owner(s).
- Continually learn more about the products and services available. Attend training sessions to keep current with sales techniques and other parts department issues.
- Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
- Meet or exceed sales quotas on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate an interest in growing the business.
- Focus on quality.
- Always think before we speak and never lose our composure.
- Complete all new hire training requirements within first 90 Days
- 5+ Years’ experience with retail sales and inventory management.
- Must have the ability to get along with a broad customer base
- Knowledge and experience with servicing of motorcycles, and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Experience with Point-of-Sale & computerized inventory systems or the ability to quickly learn.
- Ability to look up parts and quote prices for parts using proper catalogue for particular motorcycle.
- Current motorcycle license
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time, up to 8 consecutive hours
- Occasionally requires the ability to balance and push a 600+ lb. motorcycle.
- Usually indoors, however outdoor work is required when outdoor events are scheduled.
- Is potentially exposed to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally, exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.